Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What do your kids like........

Posted by   + Show Post
About homeschooling the most? Do they like the flexibility or the lateness of getting up?
What is their favorite part about homeschooling?

undefined

by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Replies (21-30):
Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Nothing.  My daughter hates school.  She complains and moans about anything and everything we do.  Even when I have her pick out how she wants to do something or add in hands on things as she likes.  If I let her do what she wanted to, she would read fanfiction and do color overs all day, everyday.  So we push through school how she wants to and then she goes off to do what she enjoys after.

It wasn't always like this, just more recently now that she is in middle school and almost a teen.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Awww - how close is she to becoming a teen? I know that my 12 yr old just started down the hormonal path to womanhood and she had been a bear to be around! I mean age did a 360 degree turn on her personality.

Quoting Silverkitty:

Nothing.  My daughter hates school.  She complains and moans about anything and everything we do.  Even when I have her pick out how she wants to do something or add in hands on things as she likes.  If I let her do what she wanted to, she would read fanfiction and do color overs all day, everyday.  So we push through school how she wants to and then she goes off to do what she enjoys after.

It wasn't always like this, just more recently now that she is in middle school and almost a teen.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Ha! My kids love tha getting done early too. lol

Quoting oredeb:

the kids ps friends would tell them about ps, how late they have to stay in school, not getting any help from teacher cuz room is so crowded, all the bullying on the playground,

so what my kids like the best is not having to stay that long , they could be done with their work in 4 hours and go on with what they needed to do, and no homework

favorite part, getting done as fast as they want, field trips all  the time, nature walks every day, hands on learning, not sitting at a desk all the time, get their chores done sooner

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this
LOL - I LOVE that part! Learning and having as much fun as our kids! :))

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this

She just turned 12 this past July, though it's been starting since she turned 11.  Most the times are good since I completely changed her school stuff, but there are more and more moments I'd like to send her to someone else for about 20 mins so I can collect my thoughts.  My son will be 3 and he is acting almost as bad.  I hear girls are good until their teen years and boys are a handful until their teen years.  So I get it both at the same time. 

Quoting kirbymom:

Awww - how close is she to becoming a teen? I know that my 12 yr old just started down the hormonal path to womanhood and she had been a bear to be around! I mean age did a 360 degree turn on her personality.

Quoting Silverkitty:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:17 PM
I know what you mean. I have 7 kids and 4 of them are teens. 2 boys and 2 girls. And darn farm it if I don't get it from all fronts. Lol

quote name="Silverkitty" id="0"][/quote]
kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Aww - That is so cute. My kids haven't been to a b&m school either their entire lives. At first, they tried to imagine what it would be like when they were little but now they are so glad that they have never been to a b&m school now.

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

lol they actually had trouble answering this question. They have never really been to real school. So this is what they told me.
Alex age 8: No mean kids.
Emma age 5: sleeping in

Chrysantheum
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

They play on Zoodles and disneyjr mostly. My lo LOVES Sofia the First!!

Quoting kirbymom:

Sounds like fun. What games does you LO like to play?

Quoting Chrysantheum:

My lo likes cooking, and getting to play online when her sister is in school :P (homeschooling pre-k because the place we moved to does pre-k for the 'special' kids and i still wanted her learning more this year!)

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this
The fun projects. If I ask Julia (8) what she likes most about homeschooling she says "because I get to be with you, and because I get to do so many things. Like baking. Baking is my favorite."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
puglove029
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughter is in 8th grade and she doesn't like much either. I homeschooled when she was in 4th grade and she hated it then too. She just isn't an academic. She would rather be on her phone playing games, hanging out, or talking to friends. She wants to do as litte as possible to get by. She has expressed an interest in science experiments, though.

My son is in public school because our personalities clash too much, and I can't teach him. He loved everything when I homeschooled him. He just always thought he was right, even when he clearly wasn't.

My youngest likes our art projects.

Quoting Silverkitty:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)