Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What do your kids like........

Posted by   + Show Post
About homeschooling the most? Do they like the flexibility or the lateness of getting up?
What is their favorite part about homeschooling?

undefined

by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Replies (31-40):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 22, 2013 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like they have fun. :) I love when they are this young. So much natural adorableness. :)

Quoting Chrysantheum:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 22, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Siunds like mama knows how to cook and is passing that on down. :)

Quoting Boobah:

The fun projects. If I ask Julia (8) what she likes most about homeschooling she says "because I get to be with you, and because I get to do so many things. Like baking. Baking is my favorite."

twyliatepeka
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 3:24 PM

She likes that she can do work when she is ready & so do I because that means she will actally do it & give it her best effort. she also likes that I can make games part of her school work instead of having to st still & write all day. She is also pretty fond of not having to get up early.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 22, 2013 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this
It's something my mom never really taught me. Besides making cookies, we made cookies together every Christmas. But kids pretty much stayed out of the kitchen. When I moved out, I couldn't make much and I don't want that to happen to my kids.

Quoting kirbymom:

Siunds like mama knows how to cook and is passing that on down. :)

Quoting Boobah:

The fun projects. If I ask Julia (8) what she likes most about homeschooling she says "because I get to be with you, and because I get to do so many things. Like baking. Baking is my favorite."

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 22, 2013 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Fortunately I'm really good at homeschooling myself. Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 22, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Aww - I wish I had the answers for this. I had similar issues with one of my kids. It was tough. Maybe since she is interested in science you could bring in the other subjects through the projects.??

Quoting puglove029:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 22, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Lessons are always more interesting and quickly assimilated if the kids are the ones instigating the learning, don't you think? :)

Quoting twyliatepeka:

She likes that she can do work when she is ready & so do I because that means she will actally do it & give it her best effort. she also likes that I can make games part of her school work instead of having to st still & write all day. She is also pretty fond of not having to get up early.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 22, 2013 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this
OMG! We are definitely in the same boat on this one!! The same can/could be said of me for growing up and how I feel now.
All of my older kids have been taught how to cook. I can't wait till my younger ones are a bit older and can start teaching them to cook and bake. We have recipes that go back 100 years and I would love to pass that along to my children and they would hopefully pass it to their children.

Quoting Boobah:

QueenCreole313
by Julia on Aug. 22, 2013 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I asked my son. He said he loves being able to learn at his own pace. And there are NO BULLIES! (Poor kid was traumatized in ps)

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 22, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Aww - I'm glad that he has been able to get away from that bullying. He can breath a little easier now.

Quoting QueenCreole313:

I asked my son. He said he loves being able to learn at his own pace. And there are NO BULLIES! (Poor kid was traumatized in ps)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)