Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Co-op

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:30 PM
  • 7 Replies

We joined our 1st Co-op today. My daughters are very out going and I'm, well the opposite lol. It felt very comfortable there. I'm excited for Bella yet a little nervous for me.

Are you guys in Co-ops? Do you like it, love it?

I'm hoping this will help my daughter forget all about wanting to go to public school. She is in other weekly activities but I think she feels like she's missing out on something.

by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
letstalk747
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:42 PM

great , im going to check my area for this year

jen2150
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Yes,we love them. We belong to three and one of them I run myself. I have seen do many good things come from them.
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:40 AM

We don't do Co-op. I've debated back and forth ALL summer long, but couldn't do it again this year... There is one secular one by me, and it apparently starts out strong, and fizzles out. I don't want to put money into something that isn't going to last. The other one that is super popular around here makes you sign a statement of faith, which I honestly don't have so much a problem with, but everything they use has a religious background to it, and that is the part I'm not ok with so much. In order to do a lot of their extra stuff I guess you have to do at least one class. I'm doing fine with math and don't really want to deviate from what we have established already. I'm still trying to find what works with reading and writing, but I think I've finally found stuff that will work. History would be fun to do with more people. She gets so bored with it, that doing some of the projects they do (like the American Girl Doll history stuff) would get her fully on board, but they throw in a bunch of religious connections in with it. I'm a history major and REALLY REALLY picky when it comes to history I guess, and I can't go along with half the stuff my neighbor (who's apart of hte co-op) goes on about. I won't even start with science... In the end, it leaves us with pretty much nothing...

mommy4lyf
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:17 AM

No co-ops for us.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:24 AM
We are part of two, but we are new to all this so I'm not sure still. My kids are signed up for an engineering class with one. With the other so far DS did an app building class and they are working on mini projects in ping pong balls that they will send to space, then be part of a science fair with their findings.

We plan to join in with field trips and outings as they come up and as we can. I'm excited for them to get to know some kids, I'm anxious for me because while I like to talk, I'm not one to just jump up and make new friends on my own, lol. But it's worth it for the kids to be part of a group I think.
oredeb
by debbie on Aug. 20, 2013 at 11:13 AM

yes we do a coop sometimes, i even teach in one, what classes are your dd taking?

and sometimes it takes a while to get in the swing of things, use to doing something new so eventually i bet your daughter will love it!

Joann.HS
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Yes we are. We love it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)