Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

suggestions.....

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:24 PM
  • 11 Replies
Ok, so, so far we have been taking school really easy. I have a newborn, and still am healing. Three of my four kids are sick and we are homebound with no car. My issue.is that i have been overdoing it. However i feel like i have no choice right now, kids are needy lol. Atvthe end of the day they are stir crazy, and i am.exhausted and poor dh is exhausted too. Right now i take them outside when its cool. They do two.subject, sometimes use netflix as their school lol. When they are done they can play a video game or computer game. I have been vert slowly tackling what needs to be done housewise (its taking me a full week to do laundry, and i still am not done). I dont know what else to do, anyome hace suggestions on how to make our day a little smoother?
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:26 PM

get some help? is that possible? can the kids help you clean up? sounds like your schooling is doing good, exercises for the kid so they are tired out at the end of the day?

Precious333
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Since they are sick, im dont want to get other people sick, so i havent asked for help.

When i take them outside to get their energy out my oldest has a coughing attack :( but its obvious as well that being stuck in the house makes him stir crazy too (i think we are all.stir crazy a bit).

I wish i could have help, atleast long enough for them.to have a change in scenery and so i can take a much needed shower.......the things we take for granted!

Quoting oredeb:

get some help? is that possible? can the kids help you clean up? sounds like your schooling is doing good, exercises for the kid so they are tired out at the end of the day?

Precious333
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:45 PM
2 moms liked this
I jus got an idea for a school game tha will keep them entertained! A scavenger hunt! This will be fun :)
1CynfulDlite
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:45 PM
3 moms liked this

Have younger kids who are working on counting help load washer by counting each piece of laundry that goes in the machine.  Means no bending up and down for you!  If they need exercise maybe have them recite language words whle doing jumping jacks, play I Spy when doing science projects.  Like when talking about solids, liquids and gasses have them look for an ice cube, glass of water and talk about steam or the clouds in the sky.... 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I would take a week off of school and get the household back undercontrol.

Precious333
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:16 PM
I have to do some thing since we are apart of a charter. Also, my oldest said "can we do school today?' How can i say no to that? :)

Quoting mem82:

I would take a week off of school and get the household back undercontrol.

usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I love your scavenger hunt idea & the other Mom's ideas of having the kids help out & making it learning.

I was thinking you can make a game of cleaning the house one room at a time by setting a timer & see who can get the most done in that amount of time. Who ever wins gets to pick the snack or treat for the day. Have them help with making meals by getting the things you need out & on the counter for you. They can wash vegetables or learn to open cans as well as stirring things & setting the table.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this
It will get better soon, and it sounds like you're doing great :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Do a few things at a time, get a ton of books, watch a lot of documentaries from netflix or the library... get some books on CD/tape from the library.   Print off some free worksheets or workbooks.   Find some free educational websites... (starfall.com for early readers... shepphardsoftware.com for elementary...)

Precious333
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:14 PM
So, what we did today was the scavenger hunt, starfall, netflix, an.addition game , painting (and bath) and the kids sort of did the dishes. We had a few meltdowns as well (from not feeling well). But overall not too bad.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)