Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Getting on the App bandwagon...LOL

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:09 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have a Kindle Fire HD now, and I discovered a spelling app for my dd to practice her spelling words.

I found a Singapore modeling app that looks great (though it costs $9.99 to buy unfortunately).

I found Stack the States which has become a big favorite of everyone in our family. I see a countries version is available for ipad (my dh downloaded it to his). I would love to see it on Android! I love playing this game, and I am not a game player. LOL Anyway, the states version is outstanding for teaching United States geography.

I ripped our Bible verse music CD and have it on it. We also used it to do some research today. Watching related videos will be so much easier now. I even have a netflix and amazon prime video app that will make it more portable for school use.

Now, for ME, my favorite app is Paprika, which enables me to load in my recipes, make a menu, and make a store list. It is AMAZING!

My other favorite app is Motivated Moms. I had previously used the PDF version and printed it. This is so much better, as I can hide things I don't need to do in my house and add things that need done. Plus, I can easily carry it around with me and check off tasks as they get done.

I also love my library app for downloading books.

I had no idea I would love this thing so much. I have a  Kindle Touch for regular reading, but I couldn't read at night before. Now, I have an instant cure for insomnia. I am not kidding! I often have trouble falling asleep. Now I read until I am sleepy and then I am OUT. The other night I fell asleep in the middle of a page. If I wake up later I can read again and put myself back to sleep--not to mention the awesome alarm clock app that is actually loud enough to wake me up.

Can you tell I don't have a smart phone? Well, at least not...yet!

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:32 PM
I love paprika!!! I'm going to check out motivated moms :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:59 PM

I think tablets are great! When my Hubby got me mine over 2 years ago for my birthday I didn't think I would use it very much but I use it everyday & so do my younger 2 children. Matter of fact it was being used so much by all of us (Hubby included) he got his own about 8 months ago & it gets used everyday as well now too.

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:26 PM

I so want a tablet.  And now I'm going to check out your favorite apps and dream a little dream.  Ah, if only money DID grow on trees....  :)

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:27 PM
That motivated moms app looks great, I just got the Lite version to try out.

I use my iPad all the time,I'm using it right now. I didn't plan to use it for school, but I am sure I will. I have an iPad mini for work, lol that seems silly but it's how we collect data. I can't do much else on it, but we can use it to search the Internet I suppose. I just can't go adding apps all willy nilly like I do on my own iPad ;)
oredeb
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:27 PM

ohhh that paprika one sounds good!!!

thanks for all the reviews luc!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)