Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Anyone in northern WI?

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:10 PM
  • 13 Replies

I moved 2 hours away from everyone I know last year.  I need someone around me with kids that can do things such as science experiments, field trips, or just getting together to play with my kids.  I have 2 boys ages 6 and 7 and a girl who is almost 4.

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
irvinehiker
by Andrea on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:01 PM

I may be some what in your neck of the woods.  I'm in western Wisconsin near Eau Claire.  My kids are a bit older though.  I have a 12 y/o girl and a 10 y/o boy. 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:11 PM
I'm not but here is a bump. Try yahoo groups. 8)
Lynette
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I am in Eau Claire, WI :)
I have a 11yr old boy, 7yr old boy, 4yr old girl, and a 16mo old boy.

Quoting irvinehiker:

I may be some what in your neck of the woods.  I'm in western Wisconsin near Eau Claire.  My kids are a bit older though.  I have a 12 y/o girl and a 10 y/o boy. 

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you involved with any of the coops in the area? 

Quoting Lynette:

Quoting irvinehiker:

Lynette
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Past couple years we have been in the Menomonie group. It's a drive but it's a good fit. Years ago we did Homestars, good group. But not enough time for just playing and making friends.

Quoting irvinehiker:

Quoting Lynette:

Quoting irvinehiker:

Lynette
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:48 PM
And you Irvinehiker, you in any groups? Have you been homeschooling long?
irvinehiker
by Andrea on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:52 PM

I know a few people who use the Homestars group.  It sounds like a large group.  My son has Autism and can not handle large groups.  Way too much noise and sensory overload for him.  Is the Menomonie group Secular?

Quoting Lynette:

Past couple years we have been in the Menomonie group. It's a drive but it's a good fit. Years ago we did Homestars, good group. But not enough time for just playing and making friends.

Quoting irvinehiker:

Quoting Lynette:

Quoting irvinehiker:

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

No groups for us.  We have been fortunate to find several families that hs to connect with.  This will be 6th year!  Wow, where did the time go?!!  How long have you been homeschooling?

Quoting Lynette:

And you Irvinehiker, you in any groups? Have you been homeschooling long?

Lynette
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, it is secular.  I like that about it.  One of my kids friends at the group has autism.  The boy gets overwhelmed sometimes so he will go out to their car for breaks.  It is a very loud group.  Sometimes I get overwelmed by the noise level myself.  We are part of the Thursday group there.  Last year a smaller off shoot group started meeting there on Mondays, because the Thursday group was full.  I imagine the Monday group is a lot quieter.  I like to describe the group as a bit hippy, crunchy.  And anyone that is considering  the group that we have a few families with 2 moms. 

We have been homeschooling from the start.  

Quoting irvinehiker:

I know a few people who use the Homestars group.  It sounds like a large group.  My son has Autism and can not handle large groups.  Way too much noise and sensory overload for him.  Is the Menomonie group Secular?

Quoting Lynette:

Quoting irvinehiker:

Quoting Lynette:

Quoting irvinehiker:

Lynette-Homeschooling SAHM  of 4.  Living in WI. 

Come join me in LDS Homeschoolers

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Huh?  I may have to check this group out!  Sounds interesting and may be a good fit for us.  I guess I never looked into it because its a bit of a distance and the issues with my son.  I've never felt like my kids need MORE socialization, they get plenty as it is.  We've been able to find so many social opportunities easily. 

Quoting Lynette:

Yes, it is secular.  I like that about it.  One of my kids friends at the group has autism.  The boy gets overwhelmed sometimes so he will go out to their car for breaks.  It is a very loud group.  Sometimes I get overwelmed by the noise level myself.  We are part of the Thursday group there.  Last year a smaller off shoot group started meeting there on Mondays, because the Thursday group was full.  I imagine the Monday group is a lot quieter.  I like to describe the group as a bit hippy, crunchy.  And anyone that is considering  the group that we have a few families with 2 moms. 

We have been homeschooling from the start.  

Quoting irvinehiker:

Quoting Lynette:

Quoting irvinehiker:

Quoting Lynette:

Quoting irvinehiker:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN