Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you use a house hold notebook or chore planner?

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:26 AM
  • 8 Replies

I'm starting to think that between being the Asst. Cubmaster, a Sunday School teacher, a homeschooler, and now adding the extra child plus my MIL moving in, I need to get better organized. LOL I'm usually a fly by the seat of my pants cleaner but I'm getting swamped.

I've heard of FlyLady, but what are some other ways you stay organized?

by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SusanTheWriter
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I tried FLYLady, but it wasn't really my style.

I clicked with Kathy Peel's "Family Manager" way of doing things, though. I took her Daily and Weekly Hit List and modified it to what I needed. In fact, I modify it regularly, depending on how my life has changed.

Basically, I take a sheet of paper in the notebook that I carry everywhere, draw a line down the center and break it into sections of

Home

Errands

Family and Friends

Food

Finances

Homeschool

Writing

plus a section for misc. notes like things to research.

oredeb
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:41 AM

neither, for housework, chores etc i dont use anything, im so use to it by now i dont need anything, but i do keep small notepad that i make out everynight incase i have stuff i need to go do, like meetings, appointments, etc.

when i was younger i kept a notebook with all the chores and household stuff i could glance at, but dont need it now.

but if we had someone come live with us i would keep the notebook again till i got use to the changes, it helps me run things smoother till i get use to it.

now for homeschooling i do keep a lesson plan book! i'd be lost without it!!

Britty1987
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:59 AM
I have my son a "Good morning, Aidan!" list that he has to complete upon waking (like feeding tbe animals, brushing his hair etc. Brushing teeth is on there but he knows to wait for after breakfast). He also has a similar list for bedtime (brush teeth, pick up room etc.) Anything else that he does extra is made on a list daily (clean bathroom, dust, vacuum etc.) It works well for us :) He is 7 and knows in the morning and at bedtime to automatically start his list.
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Each of my boys has a planner and so do I.  I write all of their lessons and their chores in their planner and keep track of all outside activities (Soccer, Sunday School, Youth fellowship, volunteer work) and my canning and chores in my planner.  Sometimes things do get over-looked, but I try to pick it up later in the week.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:21 AM
I don't have a chores list, but am trying to work a rhythm where I do things on certain days - like laundry on Thursday. However, it seems laundry always takes 2-3 days because there is so much with 5 people plus diapers. And I hate laundry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy4lyf
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:24 AM

No. I don't use it for chores. If I have something that I really need to be done next day, I use my phone to remind me.

"If the child cannot learn in the way we teach...we must teach in the way the child can learn."reading

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:12 PM
I've tweaked flylady's list to fit my style and then put in on the cozi phone app. Each morning it sends a notification of what I need to work on for that day.
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I use a big dry erase calendar in the kitchen to keep track of appts and events.  As for chores....um....you do what you do when you do them and woebetide you if they aren't done....when, you know, they should have been.  No, seriously, for chores, it's a daily grind of straighten up, and then on Wednesdays we have cleaning day.  I find if I keep it to the same day every week, I'm less likely to forget.  :)  On my dry erase calendar, every family member has a different color, and we have whole family colors, also.  And most of the times I can get to things on time.  Except that one time....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)