Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

SMH- Cole will do anything as long as he gets to do it at the whiteboard with colored markers.

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:52 AM
  • 14 Replies
2 moms liked this

LOL

He is busily writing out a whole story on the whiteboard to work out subjects and predicates. Do it in his spelling book? Oh, no no no! Do it at the whiteboard? Bring it on!

by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

yea!!!!! thats neat mem!!! what a good teacher for letting him do that!! not forcing him to do it in the book!

ripemango
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

one of the things I love about HSing!!!

b/c really... does it matter how they choose to learn as long as they are learning?

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 10:07 AM

LOL I hope the whiteboard will work its magic all year long. hehehehe

Quoting oredeb:

yea!!!!! thats neat mem!!! what a good teacher for letting him do that!! not forcing him to do it in the book!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

That's exactly what I asked myself. What does it matter as long as he learns something? 8)

The only *problem* is that now he wants to get a notebook to write out his new story instead of doing Math. And you know what? I said, 'Go for it!'

Quoting ripemango:

one of the things I love about HSing!!!

b/c really... does it matter how they choose to learn as long as they are learning?

mamabens
by Miranda on Aug. 22, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Lol whatever gets it done!

coala
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Then the whiteboard it is!!!  My youngest is only willing to do her addition if she gets to use straws as counters....so that is what we do. 

We have to let them use what they are comfortable with as long as the work is getting done.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

That is totally my 6yo!!  He loves that white board.  I needed writing for him for our portfolio last year, so I started taking pictures of the white board with my digital camera.  Our evaluator was not impressed, but It proved he was writing!

Whatever works!!  LOL

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:19 AM
I used to be the same way. I LOVED getting to use the blackboard and whiteboard. :) though I loved to write anywhere. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:26 AM

This is my homeschooling philosophy!

Quoting mamabens:

Lol whatever gets it done!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:26 AM

I love whiteboards but I hate the feeling of chalk!

Quoting Boobah:

I used to be the same way. I LOVED getting to use the blackboard and whiteboard. :) though I loved to write anywhere. Lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)