Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

SMH- Cole will do anything as long as he gets to do it at the whiteboard with colored markers.

Posted by   + Show Post

LOL

He is busily writing out a whole story on the whiteboard to work out subjects and predicates. Do it in his spelling book? Oh, no no no! Do it at the whiteboard? Bring it on!

by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Replies (11-14):
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Crystallizing window markers.  AWESOME!!!!!

ripemango
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:53 PM

That's how we've been rolling too and so far it seems to be working just fine. We let her pick. The only steadfast rule we have is that daytime is for learning, exploring, building, creating, etc. In our experience at least, she wants to learn new things.

Quoting mem82:

That's exactly what I asked myself. What does it matter as long as he learns something? 8)

The only *problem* is that now he wants to get a notebook to write out his new story instead of doing Math. And you know what? I said, 'Go for it!'

Quoting ripemango:

one of the things I love about HSing!!!

b/c really... does it matter how they choose to learn as long as they are learning?

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:56 PM
I dont know why it makes a difference but it does..lol

We do All About Spelling and sometimes use the tiles, other times the white boards and other times we fingerspell with ASL. When i say,"grab a pencil and paper" they groan and whine. Lol
SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Aug. 22, 2013 at 5:04 PM
My 6 yr. old is the same way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)