Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

holy canoli! I guess I'm a homeschooler!

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:29 AM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

I didn't get an approval letter, but a phone call to the assistant superintendent's secretary told me since my paperwork is still in the pipeline, approval is pending, and to call the local school and have ds taken off the roster!

Then, told school secretary and she had me leave a voicemail with assistant principal. Seriously hoping she doesn't feel the need to return my call!

by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Precious333
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Good. Hope they take him off the roster soon :)
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Good!

puglove029
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:53 AM

That's awesome!
Do you actually need approval? I live in one of the states with more strict homeschool laws and I don't need approval. I send in my affidavit and objectives and begin. It's my right, they can't tell me no if I am following the law.

Chasing3
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:51 PM

The school district policy manual says if I start without approval they'll persue truancy laws, for whatever that means. But I used their forms and filled in all the info they wanted and mailed it in with enough time, and I was told no one in this district was ever given a problem on their curriculum. So, I just called since I've been so anxiety-ridden that they'll cause me a problem!

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 5:06 PM

School district policy isn't the same as the state law, (however, from what I hear, in New York, the laws are left up to each district... .but don't quote me because I don't live in New York.)

Otherwise, the school district may "look into" truancy laws all they want...  as long as you are following the law, then I doubt there's much they can do except waste their own time.

Quoting Chasing3:

The school district policy manual says if I start without approval they'll persue truancy laws, for whatever that means. But I used their forms and filled in all the info they wanted and mailed it in with enough time, and I was told no one in this district was ever given a problem on their curriculum. So, I just called since I've been so anxiety-ridden that they'll cause me a problem!

oredeb
by debbie on Aug. 22, 2013 at 6:41 PM

yea!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)