Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My mother in law just posted this, really?!

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Replies (11-20):
Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:53 PM

I have no way to relate to the poem.  I don't know any public school family that gets excited for the school year to begin so they don't have their children around.

Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 2:07 PM
2 moms liked this

It's a very common misconception that homeschool moms have to be organized and stick to a schedule.

I am pretty organized and I do stick to a schedule, however most homeschoolers I know don't.  Just because I am organized and have a years worth of lesson plans scheduled out ahead of time doesn't make my children better off.  In some ways it has actually hindered us in the past, because I have to remind myself when a better educational experience comes up that it's alright to alter our schedule.

I have met so many wonderful homeschool families that differ from our own over the years.  They were very capable of  producing an academically advanced child without schedules and being organized.  I guess my thoughts are, not being the way you want to be shouldn't hinder you from trying something you want to try.

Quoting Momsthename0609:

I'm not a homeschooling mom but this was posted in my feed. :/ Any ways I hate sending my children off to school. I much prefer to have them home with me. :/ I would homeschool if I was more organized and able to stick to a schedule

birthymom4
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 2:25 PM
The parents giggled about their children being filled with dread and experiencing anxiety.
Nice.
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry, I find the poem funny and cute.   Unless a parent REALLY can't stand their kids and is an awful parent, I don't see a problem with lovingly joking and teasing.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Okay did I totally miss the point?  I thought it was a sneak attack on the fact that her daughter-in-law homeschools?

oredeb
by debbie on Aug. 22, 2013 at 6:35 PM

yuk it sounds scary!

Joann.HS
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 6:35 PM
I think it's just in good fun. I don't think most parents, Hs'ing or not, would enjoy seeing their kids w/ anxiety.
oredeb
by debbie on Aug. 22, 2013 at 6:38 PM

you can do it momsthename, i learned as i taught at home how to be organized. 

really all you need to know is where the school books and pencils are!!! hahaha j/k, but its something you can figure out as you homeschool, its ok not to be organized.

Quoting Momsthename0609:

I'm not a homeschooling mom but this was posted in my feed. :/ Any ways I hate sending my children off to school. I much prefer to have them home with me. :/ I would homeschool if I was more organized and able to stick to a schedule

Momsthename0609
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Thanks ladies! I may look more into it!

Quoting oredeb:

you can do it momsthename, i learned as i taught at home how to be organized. 

really all you need to know is where the school books and pencils are!!! hahaha j/k, but its something you can figure out as you homeschool, its ok not to be organized.

Quoting Momsthename0609:

Acid
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 6:49 PM

I hate sending my kids to school.

I hate getting up early, I hate getting up in the dark...I just don't like it.

Unfortunately, the attitude in that poem is what many a parent possesses.   And that is why we have the children we do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)