Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Our day today....

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 5:20 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

Ok, first, we went to drive a few towns over to look at a lot of land and a trailer... big mistake...   I think something died in that trailer (either the human that used to live there, or they locked their pets in the room)... seriously, not even kidding.   It was nasty... it stunk so bad and the room had a HUGE black spot in the middle of the room that sunk in a bit and really truly looked like decomp or something gross.   NASTY!!!!  

I got so freaked out I about ran out of them almost puking... and I've got a stomach of steel for some things.

I told my husband that it would be bad because no one sells a half acre of land and a three bedroom trailer (that is about 10 yrs old) for that cheap.   Now he might listen next time??? no... probably not. 

Anyway, after that, we took the kids up to the local fun center that has go-cart tracks and rides and lazer tag.   We had bought a month's "unlimited" pass and wanted to make sure we used it.

Now, they are watching a documentary on squids.   Later, the girls have sewing group.

Can I consider the go-carts as driver's training class???

by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 5:20 PM

so.... ahem.. how was your day?

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Aug. 22, 2013 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this
All right. I stayed up way to late so Im just trying to get thru. We had some friends over earlier, that was fun......and busy. Now Im outside on the porch and my son is scootering up and down the sidewalk. Getting ready to make dinner soon. :)
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, that's absolutely driver's ed!  I want to watch a documentary on squid!  How sad is that that I bypassed the fun center and grabbed onto that?  :)

oredeb
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 6:28 PM

hahahahah yes drivers training!!!

yuk! maybe someone did die there, or was murdered

we had a run around day, meetings, all done now! yea! at home with the air on, sitting at the comp. eating lunch and water!

Joann.HS
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Aside from the housing situation, sounds like a great day.

(:
ballerina.2006
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 6:41 PM
I had my kids working on fractions with measuring utensils then file folder games where dd helped ds1 (yay for both learning while playing games). Now Magic School Bus is on :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coala
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I have one with the flu....so mostly just hanging out and watching tv.  I took the other to the dr.  She has a growth plate injury to her hand.  She is now off her skates for about 3 more weeks....that makes a month total.  Not to mention that this one is also starting to run a fever and wants to go to practice tonight.  I will let her go until she can't stand.

Sorry, your day was disgusting at the start, but it sounds like it got better.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Poor kid... .she sounds like one determined girl, though... kudos to her and I will pray you can keep her still long enough to heal!

Quoting coala:

I have one with the flu....so mostly just hanging out and watching tv.  I took the other to the dr.  She has a growth plate injury to her hand.  She is now off her skates for about 3 more weeks....that makes a month total.  Not to mention that this one is also starting to run a fever and wants to go to practice tonight.  I will let her go until she can't stand.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Aww - Sounds like you had a busy day too. Hopefully it won't last too long. The injury or the sickness.

Quoting coala:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Wow! That is very gross! Yuck. Thank goodness that it seems your day went better after your excursion with the nasty smell.
I would say that you could most definitely use the go carts as drivers ed! :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN