Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yesterday my 4yo asked for more work!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Yesterday was a dream come true for me.  My 4yo, my challenge child, actually wanted to do more work!

I thought it would be a struggle day.  He didn't want to get out of his pajamas, he didn't want oatmeal for breakfast, he didn't want to brush his teeth...arghhh!

Then we sat at the table with the letter tiles from Appleletters.  He built me 6 3-letter words.... sad, bat, man, had, cat, and Dan.  He read all 3 of his sight words, he named all of the letter cards (except H, darnit).  He did his math worksheet and surprise, surprise he asked for a second one!!  YAY!  So we did a second one.  We moved to the couch and he listened to the entire story without interruption!  He answered all of the questions I asked him.  He drew the sequence of events in their boxes and explained it to me.  We moved to the living room floor and he showed me a tall lego building and a short lego building.  He showed me his long stuffed animal (snake) and his short stuffed animal (worm).  Back to the table and he cut out his caterpillar and colored his chrysalis and he even named it correctly!!  So I said he was done for the day.  He asked if his brothers were done and I said no.  He said "Then I'm not either."  And he sat their to make the butterflies, talk about the rainforest vrs the temperate forest and helped name the fruits associated with each.  He listened to Xavier tell me about where you find each type of environment on the map.  And when we talked about the rainforest on the map he said "that's the Congo, it's in Africa and it's a rainforest.  I saw it on Wild Kratts!!" 

What an awesome day!!!!

by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:47 AM
Replies (11-14):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Quoting KrissyKC:

whooooweee!!   *waving flags and celebrating with you*

My 5 yr old has been so naughty lately, I've had to ground her from her room because she keeps getting into and damaging her sisters stuff.   She even got into her deoderant and dug a chunk out of it!!   Seriously??!!!

Anyway, she isn't allowed in her room anymore.    We put some blankets on the floor under the kitchen table.    So far, she thinks it's a camp out.   I'm hoping it will bother her soon.   Oh, and I DID make her pay for the damages, but it obviously didn't mean enough because she did it again.

Plus, she has been peeing and pooping herself when she gets mad at me.

She has been hit or miss doing school and she fakes wrong answers because she wants to...

She has always been really good about being able to go play in the neighbor boys yard (or ours) because she wouldn't go near the street.   Well, I found her in the street twice lately, so I told her that she has lost her priviledge of playing outside without me being able to be out there..   That's going to hurt because she NEEDS to be outside A LOT...  I can't possibly be out there with her enough.   The neighbor boy is three and he is always running away, running in the street, etc...  I was hoping she wouldn't.

argh!!!

Oh!  Hugs, KC!  It will get better. I always have to remind myself that "this too shall pass."

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kirbymom:

Fantastic!! :)))

There MUST have been a full moon out because I had a similar day with my 4 yr old. All she wanted all day was to be like get big brother(7) and have some school written up for her.

HaHa!  I said that the stars had aligned!  :-) 

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 23, 2013 at 5:58 PM
She made up for it today. Sheesh. Feeding her to the wolves tonight. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Quoting Boobah:

She made up for it today. Sheesh. Feeding her to the wolves tonight. ;)

Mine did too!  LOL.  Oh he wasn't too bad, but he whined about everything and kept building towers instead of doing his math sheet.  Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)