Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

about our DH's.....

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 10:31 AM
  • 35 Replies
1 mom liked this

My DH's days off are Tues through Thurs.    He will piddle around and work from home those days some, but otherwise is off.

So, tell the truth...  is your DH helpful when it comes to homeschooling or is he more of a pain in the neck?

Mine drives me batty.   He is the kind of Dad that is a teaser and joker and he interrupts their work CONTINUOUSLY!!!    

He will tease and give them a hard time while they are sitting at the table doing their work.   I have to scold him just like I do the kids when they are disruptive.    

He doesn't take my efforts to keep us on a routine or schedule seriously.    

He doesn't eat what I cook for the kids, but an hour later will grumble about being hungry and want to know what I'm making for the next meal...

Then, on the flip side, he reacts much more harshly than he needs to when the kids mess up.   

His gut response is always, "no!"....

ugh... oh, and my house is ALWAYS in a state of chaos on Fridays because he's been off for three days.   

Sometimes, he just really bugs me... LOL!

by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
teach.love.grow
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Omg.....are we married to the same man?! sometimes I literally want to choke him!......or atleast lock him out of the house lol
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 10:44 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm pretty sure it's not possible that we are married to the same man because I can't get him out of my hair long enough for him to keep a second family on the side... LOL!

He's a good man in many ways, but he's just so good golly ANNOYING when it comes to being at home when we are trying to get stuff accomplished.

And he's hard on them in stupid ways.   He's always reacting with something like, "REALLY!!?!?!?  (insert child's name in a sarcastic/mean tone of voice) what were you thinking ripping that paper like that???  ((tiny corner might be ripped off or something.))

Quoting teach.love.grow:

Omg.....are we married to the same man?! sometimes I literally want to choke him!......or atleast lock him out of the house lol

oredeb
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:12 AM

hahahaha krissy!! husbands can sure be that way!! moods!

if my dh is off work during schooling days we have to stop! theres no getting anything done with schooling, hes always got something better and funner to do, so we just stop schooling that day, hes usually only off weekends but every once in a while he has a weekday off.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this
My hubby works 12 hours m-h and usually 8-12 hours on F so he doesn't interfere much. We only school M-H just incase he is ever off on his day "off " which is Friday, sat and sun. He is salary, so he works a ton and it makes me sad. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marrionsmommy
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:24 AM
My ds and I will be in the living room in the middle of schoolwork and dh will come in and PLAY video games or watch cartoons , when I complain he turns down the volume. Seriously like my sondoesnt have eyes lol. We now do schoolwork when dh is asleep in the living rokm and thennwhen dh wakes we move to the schoolroom. Doesnt help though since ds is totally distracted when dh is awake because daddy is so fun and probably doing something cool lol. Dh is a cook so he works nights, we do school from 11-1 when dh is still sleep then we stop and do any extra things after dh leaves for work at 4. Only way he is not distracted.
marrionsmommy
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Oh he is off monday and tuesdays on those days we only do core subject math and english. Then do additional schoolwork sat and sundays to make up for it. If we try to do a full day with dh here its like my son cannot function and it just becomes frustrating.
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:36 AM

My dh feels that he works outside the house and I work in it. So anything inside falls under my jurisdiction. He doesn't help with much and complains when I make him clean. Homeschooling is 100% my thing. He won't touch it with a ten foot pole,lol. And he has no patience with the kids, ds and oldest dd especially. He doesn't understand ds and quite frankly he can be a bully with 13yo dd.

SusanTheWriter
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Can you switch around your week so that your "weekends" are T-Th, and you guys do school on Sat/Sun to make up for it?

My DH is pretty hands-off with the homeschooling unless we have a specific math or science question. But his idea of tutoring is very much "my way or the highway," as opposed to teaching them in a way they'll actually understand. *sigh* It tends to work fine for DD, who thinks like him, but poor DS just shuts down.

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:49 AM

My husband was a pain when he wass at home and we were trying to homeschool too. I generally just took those days off.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 12:00 PM

This was the original plan, but my kids have neighborhood friends that attend public school.  As soon as the other kids are outside, mine are pretty much finished and want time with their friends.    Sundays we attend church and then have the same issue afterward.

I could MAKE them do school while their friends are outside playing, but it would be useless and futile... LOL!

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

Can you switch around your week so that your "weekends" are T-Th, and you guys do school on Sat/Sun to make up for it?

My DH is pretty hands-off with the homeschooling unless we have a specific math or science question. But his idea of tutoring is very much "my way or the highway," as opposed to teaching them in a way they'll actually understand. *sigh* It tends to work fine for DD, who thinks like him, but poor DS just shuts down.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN