Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I have new respect for......

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:04 PM
  • 10 Replies
The moms that homeschool more than one kid lol. I have homeschooled my son since prek and itsalways been pretty easy he loves it and he is an only child. Now im watching my friends daughter, and while she is amazingly smart, she keeps me on my toes, and watching a 6 yr old anda 3 year old is crazy enough. Then add homeschooling a 6 year old into the mix. The 3 yr old is so smart she wants to "do school" too, so I cantnhelp but add her into it too. She does math next to him with her counting bears and all lol. Its a little harder homeschooling mymson since he is now doing more seatwork and less coloful curriculum (he was fine with it b4 I started watching her nownot so much lol). Watching her learn and discover new things and learn through play has reminded me to bring more fun back into his work too, so I brought out some more fun things and modified some old games.

by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:27 PM

It can be hard but it sounds like you have figured it out.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:50 PM

My kids:

11 yr old Kaycee.... possible VERY mild autism disorder.  She is so mild, we are hesitant to have her DXed or just let her be.   She is bored easily by concepts beneath her, yet cannot and doesn't produce the work needed to move on.

9 year old Liam...   impulse control issues, but otherwise... no problems.   Very standard 4th grader..

5 year old Abby... wow... she would take too long to describe, but I'm going to have to start figuring out if food allergies or something is causing her behavior.   VERY ADHD and ODD in behavior... no DX yet because I want to explore more avenues than just a label and meds.

14 month old Reilly.... typical toddler, laid back, but at the same time tries to get into EVERYTHING we do and is starting to freak out when feeling left out.   We did morning Kindergarten board to the sound of hysterical screaming because I wouldn't let him grab the box of colored pencils.   Distraction was NOT working.

I wonder how I do this every day... really.   Some days I feel I'm going in circles and insane.

usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:56 PM

It can be tricky trying to get things dome with more then one child to do them with! Sounds like you have figured out a great way to handle it though.

oredeb
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 2:00 PM

hahahah thats great jeannie!! i always have my young ones learning right along with my old ones! they learn so much. sounds like you all are having fun!

marrionsmommy
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Quoting oredeb:

hahahah thats great jeannie!! i always have my young ones learning right along with my old ones! they learn so much. sounds like you all are having fun!

Its fun all right, just A LOT louder than normal. Which is good, makes ds have to focus sith distraction something he needs to get used to. ;)

marrionsmommy
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Quoting debramommyof4:

Hope so this is only the first week we will have to see how the rest works out. Im feeling added pressure since her moms a 1st grade teacher and my also my sons evaluator lol.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Wow, I don't know if that would work for me.   I'd rather have an outside source as an evaluator (if I had to have one)...  but I think it's because of my own pride, though.   I don't like to feel like I'm being examined.

Quoting marrionsmommy:

Quoting debramommyof4:

Hope so this is only the first week we will have to see how the rest works out. Im feeling added pressure since her moms a 1st grade teacher and my also my sons evaluator lol.

marrionsmommy
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Quoting usmom3:

It can be tricky trying to get things dome with more then one child to do them with! Sounds like you have figured out a great way to handle it though.

Yes it is, luckily I still have lots of my sons prek things that I just couldnt throw out (waiting to meet some1 homeschooling prek to gift them to), and I still remember what and how I taught him back then.

marrionsmommy
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Quoting KrissyKC:

Yeah i had someone from outside last year, she took payment for a few people and never sent in the evaluations. Almost made my son lose his homeschool year. This way I know I can always count on her no matter what comes up. Oh and at least I know she has seen progress with my son so she is totally ok with me helping her daughter. :)

marrionsmommy
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Quoting KrissyKC:

My kids:

11 yr old Kaycee.... possible VERY mild autism disorder.  She is so mild, we are hesitant to have her DXed or just let her be.   She is bored easily by concepts beneath her, yet cannot and doesn't produce the work needed to move on.

9 year old Liam...   impulse control issues, but otherwise... no problems.   Very standard 4th grader..

5 year old Abby... wow... she would take too long to describe, but I'm going to have to start figuring out if food allergies or something is causing her behavior.   VERY ADHD and ODD in behavior... no DX yet because I want to explore more avenues than just a label and meds.

14 month old Reilly.... typical toddler, laid back, but at the same time tries to get into EVERYTHING we do and is starting to freak out when feeling left out.   We did morning Kindergarten board to the sound of hysterical screaming because I wouldn't let him grab the box of colored pencils.   Distraction was NOT working.

I wonder how I do this every day... really.   Some days I feel I'm going in circles and insane.

I wonder how u do it too lol....if my friends daughter wasnt soooo on board with wanting to homeschool, I couldnt handle it. Since she is so little at least this way I dont feel like she has to do anything, you know?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN