Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Thinking of Homeschooling

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 2:07 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hey Ladies!!

I'm 100% sure you've heard these questions before, but I am seriously considering homeschooling.

We live in a metropolitan area where unfortunately the teachers that I had when in school are hard to come by. We have a lot of teachers who are mostly interested in their test scores- which I realize is important, but not my priority.

I am strongly considering homeschooling for many reasons, but my MAIN issue is.. my fiance and I cannot really afford to be a one income family. 

Are there resources available for elementary aged kids during the day while parents work, and public school is in session?? 

What do y'all do? I keep telling my fiance we cannot possibly be the ONLY family dealing with this, but I've really not been able to find anything that goes into great detail that will actually help us out with OUR problem!

Any help is appreciated!

by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
oredeb
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

you could do homeschooling at night, if you work all day but you'd have to have a baby sitter during the day or i guess you could have a baby sitter do your homeschooling for you. but that kinda defeats the purpose of homeschooling.  can you work part time?or work different shifts so someone will always be home?

usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 23, 2013 at 2:54 PM

There is a group that helps get homeschooling family's that are willing to help out family's that wish to homeschool but have to work but I can't find the information on it to share! I will keep looking & come back If I find it.

usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 23, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Quoting usmom3:

There is a group that helps get homeschooling family's that are willing to help out family's that wish to homeschool but have to work but I can't find the information on it to share! I will keep looking & come back If I find it.

I have a post that I wrote back in March of this year about the group HERE IS THE POST 

HERE IS THE GROUP

I will bump the post as well!

Kaya529
by Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 3:07 PM
I found a way to work from home so that I can work around schooling with my son when we officially start homeschooling. I am doing freelance computer graphics. Being a single mom makes me the only source of income. Do you have any specialized skills that could allow you to do something like that?
usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 23, 2013 at 3:10 PM

That is a great idea! There are a lot of people learning how to make apps to sell as well as writing books & self publishing e-books.

Quoting Kaya529:

I found a way to work from home so that I can work around schooling with my son when we officially start homeschooling. I am doing freelance computer graphics. Being a single mom makes me the only source of income. Do you have any specialized skills that could allow you to do something like that?

Kaya529
by Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 4:25 PM
You can also create workbooks and other teaching materials to sell on teaching resource sites.

Quoting usmom3:

That is a great idea! There are a lot of people learning how to make apps to sell as well as writing books & self publishing e-books.

Quoting Kaya529:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)