Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

O/T- Snacks

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 5:39 PM
  • 19 Replies
What kind of snacks do you give your small children? I have a 6.5, 5, and 3.5 years old and a 23 month old daughters. I can't think of any snacks to give them while they do their lessons. Something not sticky or messy. Any suggestions?
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 5:45 PM
2 moms liked this

graham crackes, cheese sticks, carrot sticks, apple slices, blueberries, raisins, pretzels, grnola bars

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this

We do cheese and apples, pretzels, nuts.  Nothing too big.

Donna.June
by Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Thank you! :)
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Oh, and I keep thinking that I would be soooooo cool if I would only fill snack containers with things and put them in an area they can access any time.  Then I wouldn't have to hear, "What can I have for snack?  Can you get that for me, Mom?"  I'm cranky about requests today, though.  :)

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Quoting hwblyf:

Oh, and I keep thinking that I would be soooooo cool if I would only fill snack containers with things and put them in an area they can access any time.  Then I wouldn't have to hear, "What can I have for snack?  Can you get that for me, Mom?"  I'm cranky about requests today, though.  :)

I've done that!  It is so helpful!!!  We have a snack spot in "their" cupboard and one in the bottom of the fridge.

oredeb
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 6:28 PM

the kids like cracker to snack on, popcorn,

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Today was a rough day, so the thought of putting energy out there to accomplish something is overwhelming, even though it would help smooth things out.  BUT, tomorrow is a new day, I have nothing planned in the morning, I need to get things done.  Go me!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting hwblyf:

I've done that!  It is so helpful!!!  We have a snack spot in "their" cupboard and one in the bottom of the fridge.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 6:34 PM

My 4 year old loves honey nut cheerios, cheese, and crackers.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 6:37 PM

My today is going to last right up to midnight (if not later).  I have corn to can and tomatoes to puree.  I'm already tired.  So I know how ya feel.

Quoting hwblyf:

Today was a rough day, so the thought of putting energy out there to accomplish something is overwhelming, even though it would help smooth things out.  BUT, tomorrow is a new day, I have nothing planned in the morning, I need to get things done.  Go me!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting hwblyf:

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

That's a lot of work, good luck with getting it all done!  It's nice to be able to look at a completed task, though!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

My today is going to last right up to midnight (if not later).  I have corn to can and tomatoes to puree.  I'm already tired.  So I know how ya feel.

Quoting hwblyf:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting hwblyf:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)