Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey ladies!  I'm new to the group and homeschooling (though we all homeschool our children from birth).  I have a 4yr old daughter and 5yr old son.  We live in Ocala, Florida but we will be relocating to the Windermere area within the next few months.  Ocala is a bit of an armpit.  LOL! I mainly do eclectic homeschooling... the scavenger type.  Nice to meet all of you!

Ohhh... and it's my birthday!!  37 today!!!  Woot!!

by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Replies (11-20):
marrionsmommy
by Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Yay another florida homeschooler in florida...we r in orlando over by ucf we are homeschooling a 6 yr old, 1st grader. Good luck homeschooling ;)
usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Welcome & happy birthday! I hope you find friends, answers & support in our lovely group.
ambertreas76
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Thanks!!!  I'll be moving down to the Windermere area in about 6 months.  I NEED to be closer to the action!!!

Quoting marrionsmommy:

Yay another florida homeschooler in florida...we r in orlando over by ucf we are homeschooling a 6 yr old, 1st grader. Good luck homeschooling ;)

ambertreas76
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Thank you so much!!!  I look forward to it!!!!

Quoting usmom3:

Welcome & happy birthday! I hope you find friends, answers & support in our lovely group.

marrionsmommy
by Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Quoting ambertreas76:

I know what you mean we live over on the "good" east side and Windermere is the "good" west side. Funnynthing though all the good coops meet up in the area we consider the bad side lol.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Welcome and happy birthday.

kmath
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Happy Birthday and welcome to the group.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Happy birthday!!!     It's nice to meet you.   I have four kids 11, 9, 5, and 1.    I wish we had homeschooled from the beginning, but the older two got a year or two of public school in.   I think it would be so much nicer to have started from the beginning.

So, I'm new at the kindergartener, too.. the older kids were easy, but this is a tough year and I'm already struggling.

ambertreas76
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:39 PM

I don't know.  It might be just the perspective of coming into this in kinder... it seems really fun and pretty easy!  I hope yours gets easier!!!

Quoting KrissyKC:

Happy birthday!!!     It's nice to meet you.   I have four kids 11, 9, 5, and 1.    I wish we had homeschooled from the beginning, but the older two got a year or two of public school in.   I think it would be so much nicer to have started from the beginning.

So, I'm new at the kindergartener, too.. the older kids were easy, but this is a tough year and I'm already struggling.

ambertreas76
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:40 PM

thank ya!!!

Quoting kmath:

Happy Birthday and welcome to the group.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)