Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey ladies!  I'm new to the group and homeschooling (though we all homeschool our children from birth).  I have a 4yr old daughter and 5yr old son.  We live in Ocala, Florida but we will be relocating to the Windermere area within the next few months.  Ocala is a bit of an armpit.  LOL! I mainly do eclectic homeschooling... the scavenger type.  Nice to meet all of you!

Ohhh... and it's my birthday!!  37 today!!!  Woot!!

by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Replies (21-30):
ambertreas76
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Thanks!!  :)

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Welcome and happy birthday.

ambertreas76
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Thanks for the heads up!!  I can't wait to get out of the armpit of Ocala, FL!!

Quoting marrionsmommy:

Quoting ambertreas76:

I know what you mean we live over on the "good" east side and Windermere is the "good" west side. Funnynthing though all the good coops meet up in the area we consider the bad side lol.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Yes, I love teaching them, especially kindergarten.   However, my current kindy is a handful.   If she were in school, I'm pretty sure they would be talking to me about ADHD and ODD or other stuff.   I put forth huge efforts to praise (practically doing backflips) and she's STILL negative about the whole situation.

Quoting ambertreas76:

I don't know.  It might be just the perspective of coming into this in kinder... it seems really fun and pretty easy!  I hope yours gets easier!!!

Quoting KrissyKC:

Happy birthday!!!     It's nice to meet you.   I have four kids 11, 9, 5, and 1.    I wish we had homeschooled from the beginning, but the older two got a year or two of public school in.   I think it would be so much nicer to have started from the beginning.

So, I'm new at the kindergartener, too.. the older kids were easy, but this is a tough year and I'm already struggling.

ambertreas76
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 3:18 PM

My 4 yr old daughter is learning alongside her 5 yr old brother.  She is defiant.  She doesn't 'want' to do what I instruct.  I am trying to breathe and take it day to day with that sassy little chicka! More defiant than her brother who I thought would have issues.  I hear ya about the ADHD and OCD crap.  They're kids.  Some are tougher than others.  Everyone is an individual.  

Quoting KrissyKC:

Yes, I love teaching them, especially kindergarten.   However, my current kindy is a handful.   If she were in school, I'm pretty sure they would be talking to me about ADHD and ODD or other stuff.   I put forth huge efforts to praise (practically doing backflips) and she's STILL negative about the whole situation.

Quoting ambertreas76:

I don't know.  It might be just the perspective of coming into this in kinder... it seems really fun and pretty easy!  I hope yours gets easier!!!

Quoting KrissyKC:

Happy birthday!!!     It's nice to meet you.   I have four kids 11, 9, 5, and 1.    I wish we had homeschooled from the beginning, but the older two got a year or two of public school in.   I think it would be so much nicer to have started from the beginning.

So, I'm new at the kindergartener, too.. the older kids were easy, but this is a tough year and I'm already struggling.

romacox
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Welcome ambertreas76. and happy birthday

Chasing3
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this

love it! "scavenger type eclectic homeschooling"!!

it's like my hoarding of craft supplies and books and such is finally paying off!

ambertreas76
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Ha!!!  It's the best description I've got for the way we rock this homeschooling thing!

Quoting Chasing3:

love it! "scavenger type eclectic homeschooling"!!

it's like my hoarding of craft supplies and books and such is finally paying off!

Molimomma
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I used to live right near Windemere, you're making me homesick(we're military) that's where I spent the best part of my growing up years middles school until age 26! You will love that area.

oredeb
by debbie on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:40 AM

welcome ambertreas, missed your b-day, but happy late b-day!!

ambertreas76
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Thank you!!!

Quoting oredeb:

welcome ambertreas, missed your b-day, but happy late b-day!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)