Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

what is your 6-7 year old reading?

Posted by   + Show Post
All these post about reading curriculum made me wonder whts the last book your 6-7 yr old read? For my son its captain underpants, lately he has come to be ok with reading normally he would HATE to read and complain about every page. Now he is back to reading chapter books easily. He has read some into diary of a wimpy kid but he doesnt really like how many words per page. Oh and he is obsessed with the comics from the newspaper.

So what is yr kid reading?

by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Replies (21-30):
marrionsmommy
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 12:54 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Body-Baddies-John-Latham-Woodward/dp/1577557131

Quoting JKronrod:

Here the book

Liamoondancer
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:58 AM

The A to Z Mysteries (Ron Roy) are good for reluctant readers.

marrionsmommy
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Yay my first featured post . Lol.....today I got him to read this tom sawyer book (a shorter version of the original). He loved it , Im definitly looking for more of these. Anyone recommend any good ebooks.
BatMom.
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 3:41 PM
My 6 year old Son just started Book 1 of HP about a week ago! He reads anything and everything, though..He goes through books like crazy!

Quoting awesomemommy2:

Mine is just starting the harry potters
marrionsmommy
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Quoting BatMom.:

about how much does he read a night. Wondering because I checked into the way its written and my 6 yr old can easily read it just would take him a while to get through the book u know?

BatMom.
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 3:55 PM
My Son reads several times throughout the day. He'll go through a Magic Treehouse book in a day sometimes.

Quoting marrionsmommy:

Quoting BatMom.:

about how much does he read a night. Wondering because I checked into the way its written and my 6 yr old can easily read it just would take him a while to get through the book u know?
Monkiebut
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:50 PM
She loves the Henry and midge books but they are too easy for her. I'm trying to get her to read the magic tree house but she says they are too hard... She gets anxious with new things and REFUSES to try anything at home. So I'm hoping her new teacher will worth with her. Ugh it's frustrating.
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 5:41 PM

My 6yo is reading simple stuff right now. Level 1 and 2

chlippr77
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Yikes, I feel kinda bad. My twins just turned 7yo, and aren't really reading independently at all yet. They are still working on getting the phonics skills they need to be able to read BOB books. They have however been improving, so I'm not too awful worried.
marrionsmommy
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Quoting Monkiebut:

She loves the Henry and midge books but they are too easy for her. I'm trying to get her to read the magic tree house but she says they are too hard... She gets anxious with new things and REFUSES to try anything at home. So I'm hoping her new teacher will worth with her. Ugh it's frustrating.

my son is the same way , it took alot of consistance with getting him moved from leveled readers to the magic treehouse series. Now he can easily read those and its like starting all over again to move up. I know he can do it he just gets scared seeing smaller print and bigger chapters. I might have to find those books made inlarge print for old people ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN