Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
What is Your
Mood for the Day ??

undefined

by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Replies (11-20):
SusanTheWriter
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 1:20 PM
2 moms liked this

Frazzled.

I didn't sleep at all last night - ok, I never went to bed - and I'm overwired on caffeine.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 26, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Quoting hwblyf:

Frustrated and wondering if my kids ever really need to learn to communicate with the written word.  Oh wait, yes they do.  Sigh.

Are they bored with reading or just having some trouble trying to read?
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Oh no, they love to read.  Even my 4yo was showing off his reading skills (took me by surprise).  It's their writing.  It's as if I asked them to tear off a limb.

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting hwblyf:

Frustrated and wondering if my kids ever really need to learn to communicate with the written word.  Oh wait, yes they do.  Sigh.

Are they bored with reading or just having some trouble trying to read?

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

oh and myself???   My mood is OK except I feel an odd cross between lazy and stressed to get stuff done.

My kids have "choir camp" this week, which is three consecutive days of attending choir group for 1 hour and 1 1/2 hours each... at two different locations, two very different times...   I'm feeling pressure to get done because our schooling has already been interrupted several times this year (three weeks, really?)... and I'm feeling like we have to accomplish stuff and pressured to do so.

However, I'm also feeling like I just want to go curl up with the baby who is about to take his nap.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 26, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Quoting debramommyof4:

Tired

Aww - I hope you are not coming down with a cold or something.

Do what you feel has to be done then take the rest of the day off! Grab an energy drink or a powerade. The ones that are double the RPV (200%) in the B vitamins of 3, 6, and 12. They relax your body and mind plus give you a boost of energy.
irvinehiker
by Andrea on Aug. 26, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

VERY frustrated....not sure how to help my son anymore.  I've tried it all and still can't come up with the right solution.  :(        banging head into wall

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 26, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Quoting hwblyf:

The reason I asked is maybe if they "see" what they are hearing in their own words, then the writing might click for them. Maybe you could have them write what the "think" they are reading and compare what they think to the actual words.
kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 26, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Yikes. I know how that feels. Just did that myself the other night.
Still feeling it several days later.

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

Frazzled.

I didn't sleep at all last night - ok, I never went to bed - and I'm overwired on caffeine.

jwhit8791
by Jessica on Aug. 26, 2013 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Tired, overwhelmed, frustrated.  LOL  Take your pick.

Tired because we got back from our vacation last night.  Overwhelmed because I have regular stuff to do and now unpacking from vacation.  Frustrated because I just spent almost 2 hours at the dr. for DD well visit.  Guess what?  She is growing and doing fine.  LOL  Oh and the Dr. commented about my "disappearing lap" when I was holding her for him.  Um yeah, having a baby in about 2 months does that to a person.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Is there a specific subject or grade level?   Can we help at all?

Quoting irvinehiker:

VERY frustrated....not sure how to help my son anymore.  I've tried it all and still can't come up with the right solution.  :(        banging head into wall

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN