Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
What is Your
Mood for the Day ??

undefined

by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Replies (21-30):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 26, 2013 at 1:53 PM
That is a cross I am very familiar with. I have to fight these two every day. I have a little bit of a laziness streak but then I always feel pressured that I need to get more done than is actually being asked. It is quite the juggling act to keep myself in perspective.
May a good curl up is exactly what you need???!!

Quoting KrissyKC:

oh and myself???   My mood is OK except I feel an odd cross between lazy and stressed to get stuff done.

My kids have "choir camp" this week, which is three consecutive days of attending choir group for 1 hour and 1 1/2 hours each... at two different locations, two very different times...   I'm feeling pressure to get done because our schooling has already been interrupted several times this year (three weeks, really?)... and I'm feeling like we have to accomplish stuff and pressured to do so.

However, I'm also feeling like I just want to go curl up with the baby who is about to take his nap.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 1:54 PM

At least the comment stems from pregnancy  belly and just not being fat in general... LOL!

Quoting jwhit8791:

Tired, overwhelmed, frustrated.  LOL  Take your pick.

Tired because we got back from our vacation last night.  Overwhelmed because I have regular stuff to do and now unpacking from vacation.  Frustrated because I just spent almost 2 hours at the dr. for DD well visit.  Guess what?  She is growing and doing fine.  LOL  Oh and the Dr. commented about my "disappearing lap" when I was holding her for him.  Um yeah, having a baby in about 2 months does that to a person.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 26, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Aww - What is it that you are having trouble with? Maybe we can help?

Quoting irvinehiker:

VERY frustrated....not sure how to help my son anymore.  I've tried it all and still can't come up with the right solution.  :(        banging head into wall

jwhit8791
by Jessica on Aug. 26, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Thought that I would post this and see if I am crazy......LOL  Would you think that this woman isn't pregnant?

I am 30 weeks for goodness sakes!  LOL

True!  We saw some old friends that we know from the area there and she was wondering why I kept rubbing my stomach absently while I talked.  I was trying to get little girl to move over off of whatever body part she was pushing on........then my friend was like, OMG I forgot you were pregnant.  I wondered why you were rubbing your stomach!  LOL  Gee thanks. 

Quoting KrissyKC:

At least the comment stems from pregnancy  belly and just not being fat in general... LOL!

Quoting jwhit8791:

Tired because we got back from our vacation last night.  Overwhelmed because I have regular stuff to do and now unpacking from vacation.  Frustrated because I just spent almost 2 hours at the dr. for DD well visit.  Guess what?  She is growing and doing fine.  LOL  Oh and the Dr. commented about my "disappearing lap" when I was holding her for him.  Um yeah, having a baby in about 2 months does that to a person.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 26, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Wow! You bring back memories from my time of pregnancy and schooling. You just make sure you make time for resting too while getting everything else accomplished!! That us an order! :)

Quoting jwhit8791:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 26, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Oh yeah! I forgot to to say this.....

STUPID Dr.!!! Lol

Quoting jwhit8791:

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Aug. 26, 2013 at 2:11 PM

It's not academic related......just life in general.  He has autism and he is very high maintenance.  He's very.....needy.  I can't make him happy.  He gets overstimulated easily.  So he may get frustrated playing with legos bc he can't put things together right, than I offer to help, them my voice etc frustrates him bc its one more thing he has to process.  He needs absolute quiet but he needs help with basic tasks.  I'm damned if I help, I'm damned if I don';t kinda thing.  Sorry I'm rambling....  He is very sensitive to weather and we are having a crazy hot spell right now.  Temps near 100 so we are basiclly stuck inside.

Quoting KrissyKC:

Is there a specific subject or grade level?   Can we help at all?

Quoting irvinehiker:

VERY frustrated....not sure how to help my son anymore.  I've tried it all and still can't come up with the right solution.  :(        banging head into wall

usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 26, 2013 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I am in a good mood! I am looking forward to our outing to the book store this afternoon.

MotoStar
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Optimistic.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I stayed up all night last night planning for this week.  I was horrible and put off planning till I got the kids in bed. Then as I was typing I hit a button and lost all my work.  SO I had to start over. 

My 7 year old is finally doing her independent work.  So I am being bad and drinking a mountain dew.   I still have to do Math with her as we are working on 4th grade work and I do not know if it will be to hard.

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting debramommyof4:

Tired

Aww - I hope you are not coming down with a cold or something.

Do what you feel has to be done then take the rest of the day off! Grab an energy drink or a powerade. The ones that are double the RPV (200%) in the B vitamins of 3, 6, and 12. They relax your body and mind plus give you a boost of energy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN