Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

God's Great Covenant?

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:23 PM
  • 6 Replies
Has anyone used this? I'm looking for a Bible curriculum for my 2nd grader and this was one that was mentioned. I want something thats not just stories, but also incorporates some geography, background information on the culture and groups of people mentioned (like the Hittites etc.), and things like that. Thats how our adult Bible study runs, and I really like the idea of using something like that for him as well.
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Precious333
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Nevet heard of it. I have a bible verse for thebkids to memorize, and then whatwver else i am.reading/studying i teach them
kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 26, 2013 at 5:22 PM
I've never heard of them. But here's a bump for you. :)
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Bump!

BrittO2
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I bought it, but we don't start school until Monday. I've flipped through it and it looks good so far. I don't see any geography included but it does cover people in the bible. Each story is 2 pages then there are 2 review pages and a "quiz". It includes a word bank in the back and each story has a memory verse. 

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Neat...  we have done so much lately... and I have kids in such spread out ages... we actually aren't using a curriculum this year.

We did the first year of My Father's World with my older two, and it was so bible-based, it was awesome.   They attend sunday school, watch lots of bible based videos, are involved in church on Wednesday nights for two hours, participate in Junior Bible Quiz group, go to numerous VBS (and help at them) in the summers, we teach FROM a biblical stand point using several curriculum from several christian sources (Rod and Staff, Apologia, etc..)

I just decided to not overwhelm us this year and took a break... LOL!

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:40 PM
I had Old Testament 1 last year for first grade. I think it was a very good curriculum, but it was a little over dd's head. I personally think it would be better for 3rd grade.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)