Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

we want to homeschool our son

Posted by   + Show Post

bc of all his food allergies, not sure how to get started he just turned 2 this year but alot of our family doesn't think i can homeschool our kids bc i was in speacil ed my whole life, hubby is 100% sure that i will be able to homeschool the kids without a prob!  what kinds of stuff do you do or teach the kids at this year, do they test at the end of the year, how do you know they are learning enough! i live in michgain, i've heared they don't test!  any ideas would be great, how do i get our families off our back!

by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Replies (11-17):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this
They all covered it pretty well, but I wanted to say welcome to homeschooling!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:01 PM
If your dh is on board with it, go for it....ignore the.nay sayers!

Second, play games and read ,field trips.are great too. Thats the best way to teach young kids :-)

Third, degrees and.educational experiences bear noe weight on a successful homeschooler. The teacher that provides the best learning environment, is loving, encouraging and knows and loves the child do!
coala
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Welcome!!!  Just ignore those nay sayers.  You do what you do and work with your child daily.  You are going to be fine.  Congratulations on your decision.

Hoevegirl1986
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:43 AM

what does it mean when my post was featured?

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:28 PM

This :-)

Quoting oredeb:

welcome amanda , at this age play!!! lots of hands on play, getting dirty, digging, hammering, chasing, running, dancing, singing, learning songs, finding bugs, playing, gluing, cutting, coloring, drawing, scribbling, painting, all educational at this age.

i was in special ed when i was in elementry school, and ive homeschooled all my kids  thru graduation plus a few others, so dont let the negative comments stop you! you can do it!  be sure to read to him every  day!!

be sure to check out your hs law!! http://www.ncll.org/chl-homeschool-laws-by-state

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to homeschooling! It means that it was at the top of the page in the group so it was the first post everyone saw when they came to the group home page.

Quoting Hoevegirl1986:

what does it mean when my post was featured?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)