Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

does anyone know if

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 12:11 PM
  • 9 Replies

a child has to take the MEAPS or SATS in the state or Michgain to go onto college?

by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
oredeb
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 12:46 PM

did you read your homeschool law? it might say there? http://www.ncll.org/chl-homeschool-laws-by-state

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Ate you asking for U-M? Or just college in general?
Hoevegirl1986
by Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:29 PM

either or my mil says you have to take the to go to ANY college and i know my son is years i mean years away from going to college but i'm just wondering!

Quoting kirbymom:

Ate you asking for U-M? Or just college in general?

Hoevegirl1986
by Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:30 PM

it didn't have anything about the testing for college!

Quoting oredeb:

did you read your homeschool law? it might say there? http://www.ncll.org/chl-homeschool-laws-by-state

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Quoting Hoevegirl1986:

Well, then you also have lots of time to work on learning as well. As far as I could ascertain, there are a lot if factors that are involved. Here is a link that should help figure this out. You really have time to understand everything since your son is not even ready for this stage in his life.

http://alumni.umich.edu/learning/college-admissions-faq

I wouldn't worry toouch about it just yet.

Hoevegirl1986
by Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 6:04 PM

thank you :)

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:16 PM

I was told to call the colleges when kids are getting close to the 9th grade and start getting an idea of their requirements from homeschoolers, then go from there when setting up their 4 yr plan for high school.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:18 PM

also, about the tests, it was also suggested that they take them every time they are offered.. don't just take it and get that passing grade... take it over and over to get the BEST grade you can.    One lady pushed her daughter into taking it "just one more time"... (this was the ACT specifically)... and her daughter scored so high she earned herself a huge scholarship to the college she had in mind.

SusanTheWriter
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:37 PM

DD is taking the PSAT (again), the SAT, and the ACT this October. We'll likely do the big 2 again in the spring, then again next fall.

There are some yearly state standardized tests that measure progress that are called SATs, but they're not the same as the college entrace exams.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN