Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Does anyone ever struggle with feeling like they've got to do it all?  I'm not talking about schoolwork, but social and extra activities? It's like the problem isn't not enough socialization, but too much socialization! :) 

Last year, we were very active in our homeschool group, and very active with the church, and very active with their extra activities.  In short, we were just very active.  Unfortunately, more and more of that took the place of school work.  I was able to justify a lot of it because it was all learning activities.  Still, it was way too much.  This year, I've decided to step back.  We'll still feel like we live at the dance studio most days, and we're still active with the church, but as I'm watching activities and classes be planned through our homeschool group, I'm realizing that I just can't do it all.  I kind of feel guilty about it, because I dont like to feel like I'm letting anyone down, but I know that I have to do what's best for my family.

Anyone else struggle with this?

Edit:  For me, it's not the extra activities - dance, music, 4H, etc - that I'm struggling with.  It's all the activities with the homeschool group.  Field trips are great, speech is great, playdates are great, Art and PE are also great.  I just can't do them all, all the time, KWIM? That's where I struggle the most.

by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Replies (21-21):
oredeb
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:13 PM

from reading your edit

when we lived down in grants pass i quit our homeschool group(teach) cuz i had to much other stuff, i just kept the stuff that the kids liked from then on

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)