Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Printer advice needed!

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:04 PM
  • 7 Replies

Does anybody have the perfect solution for a homeschooling printer?!  I want one that has color/copy/wifi, and am willing to spend a bit, but don't want to be forking over hundreds of dollars in ink every month!  I am not going the laser route because of the cost of color/copy for those, but have looked at the HP pro 8600 and the Epson Workforce Pro WP4530.  Has anybody used either, have other ones to consider, etc?  I just ran out of ink on our old Epson (again!), and we're just going to use the "ink money" toward our new printer!  Thanks!

by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Hi lotof2. :)

We just bought an Epson WorkForce WiFi 2540 . I LOVE it! And the ink cartridges aren't going to break the bank either.
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:45 PM
I just purchased an HP 7250 or something like that. It does it all, but I'm unsure of how much ink costs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:04 PM

We have a lexmark one and lemark has a return progarm where every 5th cartridge is free.  It's still not cheap, but it helps.

mommy4lyf
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:19 PM
I have samsung (black and white) and can print 1500 pages. My HP is colored and I keep them separate. Samsung's toner costs 72.00 and the HP is 60.00.

I am heavy on printing. And both of my printers are awesome.
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Sorry, mine is an old lazer printer from one of my husband's old jobs.   They were throwing it away because they were upgrading and told them they didn't mind if they took the stuff they were getting rid of.   It's a professional one and can do MULTITUDES of copies on one cartridge (it was old then, and we have had it for years now and have NEVER refilled the cartridge)... It's not available anymore it's that old.

lotof2
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Love when blessings like that come along!   

Quoting KrissyKC:

Sorry, mine is an old lazer printer from one of my husband's old jobs.   They were throwing it away because they were upgrading and told them they didn't mind if they took the stuff they were getting rid of.   It's a professional one and can do MULTITUDES of copies on one cartridge (it was old then, and we have had it for years now and have NEVER refilled the cartridge)... It's not available anymore it's that old.

lotof2
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I ended up with a HP officejet Pro 8600 ... from what the specs look like, it should be a good fit for us!  Thanks for the input:) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)