Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you have your first field trip planned?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you have your first field trip planned for this year yet or do you just play it by ear?

I am looking into a couple of things and would love ideas or just what everyone else is doing.

by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Replies (11-20):
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Not yet but we are looking into it.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Yes! We are going on vacation to Florida!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Next Friday we are going to the coast and studying tide pools. I'm altering her science curriculum this week to tie into our field trip. We will also tour a light house, play at the sand dunes and visit the sea lion caves. It should be fun :)
coala
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:30 PM

We have already done Legoland....doens't seem like it would be educational, but there is so much involved in building some of those creations.  We are going to see Ivy and Bean at the local Rep theatre.  I'm looking forward to that.  I love the cultural trips.  Sometime in October we will go to a show that encompases ballet, symphony and opera....that was SO cool and I really enjoyed getting my kids super dressed up early in the morning.  They looked so pretty.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:57 PM

A few weeks BEFORE school started, we went to Wichita KS and REALLY enjoyed their Native American Center.    We are going back up there for a "summer camp reunion" that my husband and some old buddies of his are going.   I think we are going ot hit the Cow Town Museum this time.   It should be a fun experience!  

Also, we have memberships to the science center and zoo, and we've been to both of them since we started school three weeks ago.   Plus, we've gone to play lazer tag and drive go-carts twice.  

Next friday, a Christian library near us has a Creation Science seminar.  I think we are going to start going to those... (several consecutive Fridays with various topics) and at least see if they are good for my 9 and 11 yr olds.

We do lots of field trips right now because it gets them excited about being back at school.  When the roads are icier and it's too cold to be outside much, we will have more cuddle up with books and academics.   For example, we've barely been able to get our morning routine, math, and english in every day.   In three weeks, we've done three of my social studies lessons and still haven't started science.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Some we play it by ear, others are planned.

We use a homeschool charter school and they offer various field trip. I am considering going to or County Fair. it is about an hour and a half drive but it is a lot of fun. If we do, that wil lbe our first field trip of the year.

Uniquecoolio
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Going to Boston and cape cod next week. THEN we'll officially start our school year.
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:19 PM

We're planning on a camping trip and and trip to Knotts Berry Farm. Does that count? lol

Outrageous
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Our first field trip will be on 9/2 ... the first Monday of the month at Leu Gardens where we live in Orlando, is free .. we are studying plants and what they need to survive, parts of the flower, etc. for science, so this will be perfect timing!

amanda.lyn
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 5:00 PM
In Sept, farmers museum, and apple picking :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)