Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Today with my kindy

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:07 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

Today is working better.   Some of you have seen my posts lately.

However, I wanted to share about some of what we are doing today.

We have done our morning board with lots of fun and excitement!   We sang the days of the week and did a jumping spin on the day it is today.   We talked about yesterday today and tomorrow in regards to the days of the week.   She set the day and date on our morning flip chart without much help at all and she and I said the date a few times together.  

I asked her to say the date (which is usually when she shuts down and doesn't want to do it) by herself, and this time I "held my breath" the whole time she did it.. (silly holding breath face) and when she successfully said the date, I exhaled (with all exuberance) and started breathing... "oh thank you!  I can breathe now, you did so well!"   She enjoyed herself immensely...

We counted the date in pennies, and she only needed refocused twice.  She did her counting jar, and counted bugs (43 bugs today!)  Then she wrote 43 all by herself on the morning board.   She did the weather, our shapes flip charts and we learned about the trapezoid and talked about how it's the same and different.

We did a fill in the alphabet worsheet with missing letters, we discussed "A" and the two main sounds that "A" makes.   We made a list of short A words and a list of long A words...   one of the words we came up with was "action"... then we spent time making up actions... she really got into that one.

She traced a dry erase alphabet page... did her how many days in school work including putting a new object in the ones cup and adding the ten we have and the three ones to get thirteen...

Then, while she wrote the number thirteen and drew thirteen ladybugs on a dry erase board... I made her a snack.   I cut up apples, bananas, and used natural peanut butter (only peanuts!) to glue it all together with some craisins to be teeth and eyes.   

She was ELATED and finished up all excited.

She's now bouncing and begging me to go over her JBQ questions.

Oh if only EVERY day could be this good!!!

by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kmath
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:20 PM

LOL, sounds like you guys had a great day!  Wish mine was going that well.  I hope tomorrow goes just as smoothly for you.

jwhit8791
by Jessica on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Yay for good days........I am having some issues over here this morning as well.  Someone doesn't seem to want to even do school at all, and honestly, at this very moment, momma doesn't want to either.

Maybe I need to refocus and try again after lunch.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:58 PM

That is awesome. 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Fantabulous! I'm so glad that you are having such a positive day. Now to work you poditiveness tomorrow as well. :)
oredeb
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:46 PM

awwww krissy thats so great! i hope all your days go this way

coala
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Yay!!!!  So glad that you had an amazing day.

We played with a book on the 50 states today.  I was showing my 5 yo how to locate specific information about the states while we were looking at the pages.  She is super excited.

I hope your tomorrow is just as good as today!!!

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Thanks ladies!!!

We sat down to do JBQ questions, she did some, but really wore out after about 7ish minutes.    I challenged her to do her best on three more questions and then we put them away and she asked to go on Time4Learning.com, so I let her.   However, she only survived another 30 minutes on T4L and wanted to be done.   I was so proud of her!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN