Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Time4learning -- suggestion

Posted by   + Show Post

I am planning to subscribe to time4learning.

If you are using, please help me to decide. Is it worth? Ur reply is important to me.

Thanks.

www.fromandforkids.wordpress.com
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Replies (11-17):
gummibear
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:02 AM

That is a to each their own answer. I like the program but I feel that for what they charge they should give the parents a little more organization. My children really dislike it. My son 10 has trouble comprehending and has to have a lot more added, My daughter 9 thinks that the charcters are "stupid and annoying" I think they are cute lol. My 5yr would rather be on abcmouse.com. I will say give it a few weeks to see if you like it. We have been using it just under a month.

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:06 AM

I use it as a supplement. My 6 year old likes it.

rosie211
by New Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Not sure. It isn't as comprehensive as I would like. It is a bit disorganized and hard to find your way around at first. I am doing grade 6 and 8. The social studies and science don't go up to 8th grade, so she is doing 6 and 7th grade lessons in those subjects and supplementing with resources from the library.

But, I do like that I can moniter everything they are doing. I can preview the lessons and I can print out their records (daily, weekly, etc).

I did want something that would keep track of things for me, and this does a pretty good job at it. I still have some grading to do, but not nearly as much and it's much easier for me to keep track of everything.

I would say, do the trial and cancel if it's a bad fit. Also, you can cancel anytime, so even a month of trying it out will be good. 

Good luck! I like it, but may not stick with it. The price is fantastic though!

Hafsa1
by New Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Ds loves it! I personally don't think there is enough content for each section so I wouldn't use it as your only source but follow-up with work books, worksheets, hands on learning activities, etc.
julesjerry
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Thanks every one

hmschlg3
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this

We've been using Time4Learning almost 5 years now. Our daughter loves it. Her reading and comprehension improved dramatically with T4L. We do supplement science and history with good books, educational movies, field trips and hands on experiments, but the math and Language Arts needs no supplementing for us. I never have to fuss with her to do school...on the contrary. Recently she was sick and her daddy told her she needed to get off T4L and go back to bed and get some rest. She started crying!  So, yes, she loves learning. I know some have said they don't like it, but it works great for us. You just have to try it.  The good thing is you can cancel at any time, and the monthly cost is very reasonable.

katshu
by New Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

We have been using T4L since my oldest was in 2nd grade, and he just started 9th grade...still with T4L! We are definitely fans of anything on the computer over textbooks and workbooks though, lol. I've always felt the language arts and math were a complete curriculum, while the science and social studies needed a little supplement as he got older. Fortunately, he loves those subjects, so many of the activities/experiments/research projects/etc., that we did, he did because HE wanted to. :) 

The high school courses he started this year with T4L are FAR more comprehensive. I don't see us supplementing as a need, only if he wants to. 

Good luck! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)