Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you have a designated homeschooling space?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you have a designated homeschooling space or 'classroom'?

We only have a computer niche and alcove that we can use. It works for now, but I'm wondering what everyone else has.

by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Replies (21-27):
amanda.lyn
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:14 PM
I use the computer room for my high schooler and the living room for my little guy. Big guy needs quiet and little guy is a highly active learner! That works for us.
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Yes, we took the office and converted it into a school room.

Jlee4249
by Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 3:10 AM

Our couch is in the middle of our den, so the half behind the couch is the school area: table & chairs, computer cabinet, 7-foot bookshelf, and two small cabinets of binders & notebooks.
Art supplies are stored with my craft stuff upstairs.  
And we STILL end up using the dining room.  :) 

QueenCreole313
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Mobile Photo

We have these shelves next to the computer. But we do lessons all over the house. I try to keep everything in one area when we are done.
hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 10:34 AM

We use our master bedroom upstairs as our school room. DH and I use an office/guest bedroom downstairs as our bedroom. It's quite a bit smaller, but we don't use our room for anything except sleeping (well, and one other thing), so it didn't make sense for us to have this giant room for our bedroom. We have a giant 8ftx4ft dry erase board on one wall, then tables against the other walls for each child's work area, and shelves for books and shelves for their workboxes. I have a computer desk at one end and there is another laptop on one of the tables.

If anyone is interested to see pics of our room, here is a blog post I did about it (hope its ok to link- I'm not selling anything, this is just easier than copying pics!)

http://olivecraver.blogspot.com/2013/08/new-school-year.html

MotoStar
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 10:33 PM

We have a "school room" but we also wander around a bit!

Our School Room

^link to picture.

redhead-bedhead
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 10:39 PM

We have a classroom/study, but we have our lessons everywhere. We had lessons this morning in the front yard.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)