Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

8-29-13 *Thought for the Day*

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:27 AM
  • 19 Replies
3 moms liked this

“Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't. ”

― Pete Seeger

undefined

by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I love Pete Seeger!  Do you have his kids' books?   Abiyoyo and Abiyoyo Returns?  They are well-loved in our house.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Actually, I don't. But with such praise, I will have to go look them up and see for myself now. lol.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I love Pete Seeger!  Do you have his kids' books?   Abiyoyo and Abiyoyo Returns?  They are well-loved in our house.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Okay, I admit it. I'm an info junkie. I just can't help myself. Heres another tidbit....

“It is important that students bring a certain ragamuffin, barefoot irreverence to their studies; they are not here to worship what is known, but to question it.”

― Jacob Bronowski
usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this

That is another good one!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:43 PM
You think so? I often wonder. :)

Quoting usmom3:

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kirbymom:

Okay, I admit it. I'm an info junkie. I just can't help myself. Heres another tidbit....

“It is important that students bring a certain ragamuffin, barefoot irreverence to their studies; they are not here to worship what is known, but to question it.”

― Jacob Bronowski

Oh, Oh, Oh I like this one!!!

usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 29, 2013 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Sure have you ever not read the fine print & then learned the hard way that you got screwed? You experienced what would happen if you don't read the fine print!

Quoting kirbymom:

You think so? I often wonder. :)

Quoting usmom3:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 29, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Hahahaha
I saw that one earlier! Soo true!

Quoting usmom3:

Sure have you ever not read the fine print & then learned the hard way that you got screwed? You experienced what would happen if you don't read the fine print!

Quoting kirbymom:You think so? I often wonder. :)
Quoting usmom3:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 29, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting kirbymom:Okay, I admit it. I'm an info junkie. I just can't help myself. Heres another tidbit....“It is important that students bring a certain ragamuffin, barefoot irreverence to their studies; they are not here to worship what is known, but to question it.” ― Jacob Bronowski

LOL
This reminds of Horshack on Welcome back Kotter! He was always raising his arm and saying oh oh oh. hahahaha
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting kirbymom:Okay, I admit it. I'm an info junkie. I just can't help myself. Heres another tidbit....“It is important that students bring a certain ragamuffin, barefoot irreverence to their studies; they are not here to worship what is known, but to question it.” ― Jacob Bronowski

LOL
This reminds of Horshack on Welcome back Kotter! He was always raising his arm and saying oh oh oh. hahahaha

Hahahaha!  You just dated yourself, girl!  ;-D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)