Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Brainstorming.

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:33 PM
  • 5 Replies
Just curious here, but I am wondering what you moms do when you get stuck on something, anything, and need to brainstorm got a solution?

Tips, tricks? Jump up and down? lol
What is it that you do to brainstorm for the right solution?

undefined

by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I often ask the kids.   It's amazing what they know or have come up with already.    If one child has an issue that I'm not really seeing myself, I can ask the group and see what they think. 

We have Daddy for a resource, the library (and librarians), resource guides and manuals (including teachers books), google can solve a lot of problems or can teach things a different way....

If it's a problem that isn't "curriculum" related or needs to be outside of the box, we can brainstorm solutions, pros, cons, etc... together...

and our biggest resource???   Prayer...

oredeb
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

hi sonja, i pray and go about my day, a solution always comes, i love brainstorming when im starting to fall asleep, i always have an answer in the morning or just a few min. later,  and talk to dh about whatever it is, hes got lots of wisdom!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 29, 2013 at 1:46 PM
I love brainstorming with the kids!
Your so right. It IS amazing what they know and the ideas they can come up with. They can be as awesome as a librarian too. Although, for us, Daddy is one of THE best brainstormers for coming up with awesome ideas and plans and such. I just sit back in amazement, listening to him and the kids brainstorming together. lol.

As for the brainstorming outside of the curricula ring, prayer is a great tool.

Quoting KrissyKC:

I often ask the kids.   It's amazing what they know or have come up with already.    If one child has an issue that I'm not really seeing myself, I can ask the group and see what they think. 

We have Daddy for a resource, the library (and librarians), resource guides and manuals (including teachers books), google can solve a lot of problems or can teach things a different way....

If it's a problem that isn't "curriculum" related or needs to be outside of the box, we can brainstorm solutions, pros, cons, etc... together...

and our biggest resource???   Prayer...

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 29, 2013 at 1:51 PM
You know, hubby does the same thing. He loves to brainstorm right before going to sleep! Now I on the other hand have to think all the day long. lol :)

Quoting oredeb:

hi sonja, i pray and go about my day, a solution always comes, i love brainstorming when im starting to fall asleep, i always have an answer in the morning or just a few min. later,  and talk to dh about whatever it is, hes got lots of wisdom!

oredeb
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this

hahahahahaha

Quoting kirbymom:

You know, hubby does the same thing. He loves to brainstorm right before going to sleep! Now I on the other hand have to think all the day long. lol :)

Quoting oredeb:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)