Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Ok, at morning board today, Abby did good for a bit, but QUICKLY lost her momentum and started actually acting out.   By the time we got to the shapes flip cards, (that she asked to do and begged to go through new shapes, too) she was really acting like she wasn't paying attention.   To an extreme to where I couldn't finish a sentence myself for how distracting she was being.

I had to start reigning her in with both a little discpline and a promise to stop after three shapes and have some free time.

Anyway, FFW about 25 minutes and I'm grading my son's math (4th grade)... and he drew a diagram of a pentagon by following directions and then they asked him to name the shape and he wrote hexagon.

So, I asked his kindergarten sister how many sides a hexagon has... she answers correctly, and then I asked, what shape has five sides?  and she answers correctly...

I look at my son and say, "You are NOT smarter than a kindergartener!!!"  in a game show voice.   We all cracked up.   LOL!    My kids know I'm teasing, but just in case, I reminded him mom is teasing and playing.  That it's ok to make mistakes.  He grins and says, "I know, mistakes are how we learn!"

I'm so proud of BOTH of them.   Her for learning, him for being mature.

by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Replies (11-11):
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Very, at times... however, I don't understand how the information can come and go in her mind.   Example, she will tell me the year five days in a row... the sixth day, I can't tell at first if she's faking/pretending she doesn't know... but no... I'm coming to the conclusion that on that day, she REALLY doesn't remember the year, even with looking right at it.

She said it was the year 36 today...   I tried something else to refocus her, and come back, and she again, couldn't do it.   I TOLD it to her, and she couldn't do it....  we said it together, we said it hopping on one foot, (I'm feeling like doctor suess.. "she would not say it sam I am..")   She wouldn't or couldn't say it even when I said, we just need to say the date once and we can stop and go do "such and such" fun activity.

argh...

Quoting mommy4lyf:

That is funny but she is really smart.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)