Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What's for dinner tonight?

Posted by   + Show Post
What do you have planned for dinner tonight?

undefined

by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Replies (11-20):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Plain salad or dressed up?

Quoting Pukalani79:

Baked chicken, corn and salad

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:42 PM
You have me with almost everything. Everything but the spinach wheels. I can not eat cooked spinach to save my life. Only the raw leaves am I able to eat. lol

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Steak and spinach pinwheels, Green beans, corn on the cob, and peachberry crisp.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Mom mm
What do you put in your salmon sauce?

Quoting oredeb:

my dh caught a nice shiny salmon yesterday so

fresh salmon on the bbq

salmon sauce

green beans (garden), almonds(store) bacon(store), tomatoes (garden)mushrooms(store)

salad from the garden w/ dressing

cinnamon roll cake

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Confession time:  My youngest hates spinach, so I make his with just the cream cheese.  Just spread the inside of a thin steak with cream cheese and roll.  To me, that one looks gross, but if he'll eat it, why not?

Quoting kirbymom:

You have me with almost everything. Everything but the spinach wheels. I can not eat cooked spinach to save my life. Only the raw leaves am I able to eat. lol

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Steak and spinach pinwheels, Green beans, corn on the cob, and peachberry crisp.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Aww - I hope you get to feeling better. Soon.

Love your new dinner plans though! Lol

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I *was* going to make a whole ham with roasted potatoes and carrots, but my 4 year old called Daddy at the office and requested pizza (okay, so I handed him the phone... shhhh!), so dad's bringing home pizza instead :)

I'm cool with that. I've been battling an allergy/sinus induced migraine for two days now and want badly to take Excedrine, but can't because I'm still nursing the youngest. Bah humbug.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol - It's okay to have a lazy kick once in awhile. Helps us recharge our batteries. :)

Quoting hwblyf:

Costco chicken wings and fruit.  I need to get off my lazy kick.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Exactly! If he eats it, shy not!? lol

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Confession time:  My youngest hates spinach, so I make his with just the cream cheese.  Just spread the inside of a thin steak with cream cheese and roll.  To me, that one looks gross, but if he'll eat it, why not?

Quoting kirbymom:You have me with almost everything. Everything but the spinach wheels. I can not eat cooked spinach to save my life. Only the raw leaves am I able to eat. lol
Quoting bluerooffarm:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:09 PM
What??!??? No way! You don't need to feel inferior. It's a great kids dinner! Plus, I would eat it myself. I LOVE nachos. Even with chicken in it. lol
And
Why not let them eat in front of the tv?! You're just having an informal family dinner night. We all need those once in awhile. :)

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

My dinner sounds awful compared to the others...I was so proud I had planned ahead too, way to make me feel inferior!

We are having chicken nachos. And I am allowing my kids to eat them in front of the tv. I'm a horrible parent.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this
We all went our separate ways for dinner tonight...the kids watched a movie, DH was playing a video game (his crutch...the guy works a crappy night shift job, I can't say no video games!) and I ate my nachos while catching up on here ;)

I remember a long time ago reading that its ok to not eat dinner together every single night...so we don't. I have always been sure to spend some time with the kids every day even when they were in ps and I worked ft, but it wasn't always during dinner. Lots of times DH and I eat later anyway.

The nachos was a decent dinner...especially with chicken :). But no veggies or sides at all, which makes me feel a little guilty, lol. But hey, at least I cooked something for them, right? Some nights I list off the leftovers in the fridge and let them fend for themselves ;). I should start a list of mom food confessions, lol.

Quoting kirbymom:

What??!??? No way! You don't need to feel inferior. It's a great kids dinner! Plus, I would eat it myself. I LOVE nachos. Even with chicken in it. lol

And

Why not let them eat in front of the tv?! You're just having an informal family dinner night. We all need those once in awhile. :)

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

My dinner sounds awful compared to the others...I was so proud I had planned ahead too, way to make me feel inferior!

We are having chicken nachos. And I am allowing my kids to eat them in front of the tv. I'm a horrible parent.

armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Tacos, but I'm doing lettuce wraps for mine instead of taco shells.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)