Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What's for dinner tonight?

Posted by   + Show Post
What do you have planned for dinner tonight?

undefined

by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Replies (21-30):
Pukalani79
by Kristin on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Plain

Quoting kirbymom:

Plain salad or dressed up?

Quoting Pukalani79:

Baked chicken, corn and salad

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Not that you live by my opinions or anything but, I think you did just peachy. lol

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

We all went our separate ways for dinner tonight...the kids watched a movie, DH was playing a video game (his crutch...the guy works a crappy night shift job, I can't say no video games!) and I ate my nachos while catching up on here ;)

I remember a long time ago reading that its ok to not eat dinner together every single night...so we don't. I have always been sure to spend some time with the kids every day even when they were in ps and I worked ft, but it wasn't always during dinner. Lots of times DH and I eat later anyway.

The nachos was a decent dinner...especially with chicken :). But no veggies or sides at all, which makes me feel a little guilty, lol. But hey, at least I cooked something for them, right? Some nights I list off the leftovers in the fridge and let them fend for themselves ;). I should start a list of mom food confessions, lol.

Quoting kirbymom:What??!??? No way! You don't need to feel inferior. It's a great kids dinner! Plus, I would eat it myself. I LOVE nachos. Even with chicken in it. lol
And
Why not let them eat in front of the tv?! You're just having an informal family dinner night. We all need those once in awhile. :)

Quoting TJandKarasMom:My dinner sounds awful compared to the others...I was so proud I had planned ahead too, way to make me feel inferior!

We are having chicken nachos. And I am allowing my kids to eat them in front of the tv. I'm a horrible parent.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Mm.mm.mm - That sounds good. I love tacos.

Quoting armygirl16:

Tacos, but I'm doing lettuce wraps for mine instead of taco shells.

Koltie6
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Naked spaghetti ! Olive oil cream garlic butter grated parmesean and capers.
coala
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I had a migraine all day yesterday....which put Daddy in charge for dinner.  So my family had Burger King...why? because we had coupons.  He didnt' want to take on cooking late in the day.  I don't blame him.  I was laying on the couch drinking a cup of chicken broth to soothe my severly upset stomach.  Tonight...I'm not sure, but I know we need to hit Sam's and the regular grocery store b/c we are VERY low on lots of things.

BTW it sounds like most of you had an amazing dinner.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:19 AM
OMG! We absolutely love plain spaghetti! Just add a bit if salt and eat warm. Mm mm mm. :)

Quoting Koltie6:

Naked spaghetti ! Olive oil cream garlic butter grated parmesean and capers.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Awe - I am sorry that you didn't feel so well. I hope you get to feeling better very soon. Do you know what caused your migraine?

Burger King! Somedays it is extremely nice not to have to cook at all! :)

Quoting coala:

I had a migraine all day yesterday....which put Daddy in charge for dinner.  So my family had Burger King...why? because we had coupons.  He didnt' want to take on cooking late in the day.  I don't blame him.  I was laying on the couch drinking a cup of chicken broth to soothe my severly upset stomach.  Tonight...I'm not sure, but I know we need to hit Sam's and the regular grocery store b/c we are VERY low on lots of things.

BTW it sounds like most of you had an amazing dinner.

oredeb
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

minced garlic, butter, ketchup, mustard, italian seasoning, lemon juice, mayo

its so good!

Quoting kirbymom:

Mom mm
What do you put in your salmon sauce?

Quoting oredeb:

my dh caught a nice shiny salmon yesterday so

fresh salmon on the bbq

salmon sauce

green beans (garden), almonds(store) bacon(store), tomatoes (garden)mushrooms(store)

salad from the garden w/ dressing

cinnamon roll cake

oredeb
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

dinner tonight: we are having a family of 10 stay with us so we are having

bbq chicken

grilled lime corn

salad from the garden

garlic bread

texas brownie

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Okay. I have to ask, what is the difference between a regular brownie and. Texas brownie? :)

Quoting oredeb:

dinner tonight: we are having a family of 10 stay with us so we are having

bbq chicken

grilled lime corn

salad from the garden

garlic bread

texas brownie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)