Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

After your kids are graduated from your homeschool ....

Posted by   + Show Post

After your kids are graduated from your homeschool what would you like for them to have learned besides academics?

by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Replies (11-18):
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I know this feeling.  I want my kids to follow rules, but I don't want them to follow them blindly!  I think that's the key.  Know the rules and why you follow them, if something goes against your character (or the constitution) then question it.  (just don't question my rules because I am the mom and I make rules for a reason, hahahaha)

Quoting hwblyf:

It's so funny.  I WANT my kids to follow rules.  I do.  And yet, I know that people who take risks, who question rules and such change the world.  I want that.  I don't want to have to deal with that.  I think that's the definition of crazy....wanting one thing and fully expecting the other?

Quoting debramommyof4:

How a marraige/relationship should look, how to cook, clean and care for a home (this is for my son also), how to repair thier own cars (again for my girls also), how to follow rules and just be a kind and nice person.  I prefer they do all this while being a Christian, but if not then I will live with that and love them anyway.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 7:44 PM

First and foremost?  Even above acadmeics?   I want them to be firm in their faith and not be afraid of the other theories and religions that are out there.  

celticdragon77
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:17 PM

To be independent, critical thinking, creative, loving and soulful humans. I want for them to love the adventure of life and enjoy exploring it all.

ripemango
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I would like for her to have learned what it is that will truly make her happy in this world.

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 1:57 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL!  I agree

Quoting hwblyf:

And so in all of that is knowing that rules are guidelines and our humanity can't be brushed aside for a black and white.  I knew so much before I had my son.  And now I know so much, but such different things.  And among the things I've learned is that not all rules should be applied evenly, that some people require more help complying with rules, and that those who follow rules all the time and are "good" kids are sometimes really just complacent.  That said, I want my kids to follow the frickin' rules sometimes!!!!  :)

Quoting debramommyof4:

I do really want them to follow rules, but I also forgot to mention, I want them to know thier rights and what they are entitled to as humans and not be afraid to stand up for them.

Quoting hwblyf:

It's so funny.  I WANT my kids to follow rules.  I do.  And yet, I know that people who take risks, who question rules and such change the world.  I want that.  I don't want to have to deal with that.  I think that's the definition of crazy....wanting one thing and fully expecting the other?

Quoting debramommyof4:

How a marraige/relationship should look, how to cook, clean and care for a home (this is for my son also), how to repair thier own cars (again for my girls also), how to follow rules and just be a kind and nice person.  I prefer they do all this while being a Christian, but if not then I will live with that and love them anyway.

usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:08 PM
I want my children to have learned to think for themselves. To have the ability to learn anything they want to learn no matter what it is. To fallow the Non Agretion Principle or the NAP. To stand up for what they believe in & what they know to be right & not bow to the powers that be if the powers that be goes against what they know to be right. I do not want them to fallow rules that are arbitrary that are put in to place as a way to control the masses. I want them to question everything & do there own research on things & not depend solely on information from others. I do not want them to conform to what society wants them to be, I want them to have the courage to be the individuals that they are! I want them to love themselves because of what makes them different not in spite of it.

oredeb
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:03 PM

bump

blueyedbaker
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this
This!
Quoting Bleacheddecay:

How to take care of themselves, a relationship, child, a house, yard and car as well as how to work hard and be a good citizen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN