Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has your child ever gotten out of their carseat while you were driving?

Posted by   + Show Post

My neice who is 3 about gave me a heartattack. We were driving down the road and all the sudden I see her standing. I will probably get bashed I pulled over and tore her little hiney up. 

by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Replies (11-20):
Ecoseem
by Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:47 PM

I did with a kid I was babysitting, he did get a swat on the butt, but to be fair his mom just does not care about care safety.  She despises car seats and has never had him in an appropriate one.  I'm so glad we don't associate with each other anymore, as awful as that sounds.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 6:09 PM

yeah, but only like one time each...  I made sure they remembered that moment so there were no repeats.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 7:25 PM

What do soccer goals have to do with the price of tea in china? You've talked proudly about how you whip your niece and daughter - in other forums, fine, but I fail to see what it has to do with homeschooling; you manage to bring it up in most of your posts, it seems.

Quoting funmom111:

Wow, that is pretty hurtfull. I have written a lot of post about our welfare system, and other events that affect our lives. I have written a post about the best and worst part of being a parent. I am a pro spanking mom, but you can rest assured my daughter and neice's college education is already paid for, our daughter who is 4 scored 3 goals in a soccer game, and is considered to be gifted for her age. 

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 7:26 PM

She was okay with you spanking her kiddo? In my state, doing so without a parent's consent is illegal.

(and how was it is his fault if he wasn't in an appropriate seat?)

Quoting Ecoseem:

I did with a kid I was babysitting, he did get a swat on the butt, but to be fair his mom just does not care about care safety.  She despises car seats and has never had him in an appropriate one.  I'm so glad we don't associate with each other anymore, as awful as that sounds.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

coala
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 7:29 PM

No bashing here!!!!  I would have done the same thing you did.

Ecoseem
by Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 7:31 PM

He was in an appropriate seat in my car at the time (which the mom complained about, cuz "It's too restrictive, he can't move enough!").  Yes she seemed okay with it, and honestly had she not been, I wouldn't have cared.  No child will be in that much danger in my car, EVER.  He knew he had to stay buckled properly, and undid it himself because I was "just being mean." Had it been on a little backroad somewhere I probably would have just pulled over and had him rebuckle, but we were on a toll road going 70mph, and this was the second time in the car trip he had decided he didn't need any restraints.

It might help to add that the mom used to be an inlaw, and I babysat for almost 2 years for her prior to this.  Her kid has always been treated like my own.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

She was okay with you spanking her kiddo? In my state, doing so without a parent's consent is illegal.

Quoting Ecoseem:

"Parent" is a verb.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

While her disregard for car seat safety is appalling, I would have pressed charges on anyone (family or not) who hit/spanked my kiddo. Just me though...

Quoting Ecoseem:

He was in an appropriate seat in my car at the time (which the mom complained about, cuz "It's too restrictive, he can't move enough!").  Yes she seemed okay with it, and honestly had she not been, I wouldn't have cared.  No child will be in that much danger in my car, EVER.  He knew he had to stay buckled properly, and undid it himself because I was "just being mean." 

It might help to add that the mom used to be an inlaw, and I babysat for almost 2 years for her prior to this.  Her kid has always been treated like my own.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Quoting Ecoseem:

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Aug. 31, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting funmom111:

Wow, that is pretty hurtfull. I have written a lot of post about our welfare system, and other events that affect our lives. I have written a post about the best and worst part of being a parent. I am a pro spanking mom, but you can rest assured my daughter and neice's college education is already paid for, our daughter who is 4 scored 3 goals in a soccer game, and is considered to be gifted for her age. 

Have you done any research on the effects of spanking? Children who are spanked have a lower IQ, become MORE defiant and have problems that carry over into adulthood. I say this to NOT bash you, but to give a chance to research the facts. If you are interested I can link some resources for you later. I wish I had done more research early on in my parenting journey.
Joann.HS
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Yes, mine have gotten out before.
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:08 AM

I completely agree. I also fail to see how whomping on a 2 one 3 y/o teaches them anything but fear for the adult doing the whomping. 

Quoting AutymsMommy:

While her disregard for car seat safety is appalling, I would have pressed charges on anyone (family or not) who hit/spanked my kiddo. Just me though...

Quoting Ecoseem:

He was in an appropriate seat in my car at the time (which the mom complained about, cuz "It's too restrictive, he can't move enough!").  Yes she seemed okay with it, and honestly had she not been, I wouldn't have cared.  No child will be in that much danger in my car, EVER.  He knew he had to stay buckled properly, and undid it himself because I was "just being mean." 

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Quoting Ecoseem:

Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education / KBM Creations  / Pintrest
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)