Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has your child ever gotten out of their carseat while you were driving?

Posted by   + Show Post

My neice who is 3 about gave me a heartattack. We were driving down the road and all the sudden I see her standing. I will probably get bashed I pulled over and tore her little hiney up. 

by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Replies (31-38):
oredeb
by debbie on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

geeeeze this is a post about CAR SEATS not about bashing someone who spanks their child! get a grip! everyone punshes differently and its ok to say i spank my child or i have time outs or  whatever you do the punsh your child in here! we are suppose to be supporting each other, helping each other on here! we shouldnt have to defend on how we raise our kids on here.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:33 PM
The sentiments are definitely returned.

As you seem to know this person a little better than I do and I do not have the experience with her that you do, I am just trying to err on the side of caution here. I just really enjoy you ladies and our conversations and do not want that affected negatively in any way. Of course I am not saying that that is what you are doing either, but again, I am just erring on te side of caution. If this is how you say it is, it will be handled. If needed.
As for subjectiveness, a lot of words are that way. And if you need to handle this, then do so. Just "handle with care".

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Sorry. I think you rock and I think you're pretty awesome, but if something makes me feel physically ill (like this poster who, when you search her name, appears to talk very frequently about spanking (and exactly HOW she spanks), I'm going to speak up. Pettiness is subjective - and I d
on't find this petty.

Quoting kirbymom:Oh and I will spank. As a last resort. When none of the other punishments or even lack of punishments, have not brought the desired positive results. Types of my punishments....
Standing in the corner for x amount of time.
Sit in a specific chair for x amount of time.
Loss of privileges.
Grounding.
Extra chores.
Early bedtime.
No friends over or over to friends house.
No special treats.
No special places.
Punishment fitting the crime.
I am sure that one or more of these ate going to offend someone and that isn't my intentions but I will parent to the best of My abilities, and if that is not to someone's liking, them okay. I am sure that I am not hip on a lot of other people's forms of punishment either and I am doing my best not to publicly judge anyone and would ask that same respect in return.

We do so well in this group to not bash and have petty arguments. Lets not start now, eh?

RatherBeReading
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:15 PM

One of my kids used to unbuckle themselves a lot...I don't remember if it was the oldest or middle. I had to pull over a lot to rebuckle her and reprimand her, over and over. I finally had to buy a different kind of chest clip for her carseat, one that she could not undo. Maybe you could look into doing that if it is an ongoing problem?

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Alas, this is an internet forum, not unlike any others, and the rest of us are perfectly entitled to speak up when we feel something is wrong (like the OP speaking so frequently and graphically - here and on other groups - about spanking).

Sorry you don't like it, but I'm frankly not about to be quiet about it.

Quoting oredeb:

geeeeze this is a post about CAR SEATS not about bashing someone who spanks their child! get a grip! everyone punshes differently and its ok to say i spank my child or i have time outs or  whatever you do the punsh your child in here! we are suppose to be supporting each other, helping each other on here! we shouldnt have to defend on how we raise our kids on here.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Ladies, she posted the exact same post in 30 Something Moms and in Military moms.  And apparently anyone who responds positively may begin getting PMs about spanking.  Just be cautious.

Mandallyn
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:38 PM
My children have NEVER gotten out of their carseats while we were driving. They ask if they can take their seatbelts off after we are parked. I have spoken to them about the dangers of riding without a seatbelt. I have shown them videos of test dummies. And when they were THREE they remained in their 5 point harness because I knew they did not understand the importance of car seat safety. I even tell other children who ride in my car if they won't behave I will lock their seat belts or put them in the 5 point harness. It's not hard to out smart children.
redhead-bedhead
by Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:33 PM

My daughter did that once. I pulled over and I jus calmly and firmly explained that if she didn't sit still in her seat, she could get hurt very badly. She understood and said she just did it because she wanted her water bottle.

We never had a incident after that.

katzmeow726
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Nope.  If anything, they ask to be buckled in (they are four, by the way).  A couple of months ago, I got in the drivers seat and DD started crying and fussing and saying "mama you forgot to buckle me in!!!!"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)