Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I need to get my kids school ready... im so sad

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 1:59 PM
  • 11 Replies

This will be my last year homeschooling. My husband and I are going to seperate so I"m going to have to go work. I don't know how I'm going to make this work. I guess I will spend the year prepping my Pre-K er for Kindergarten and making sure my 2nd grader is caught up in Math so she can move into 3rd grade next year. Luckily there's a good Montessori school for my son who is 1, he can start when he's 2. And my daughter's can go to a local Cottage School if I can get them a scholarship. Sorry, don't want to burden anyone with personal problems, I just didn't know who else to tell that would understand how upset I am about this.

by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Aug. 31, 2013 at 2:12 PM
I'm sorry :(

Is the any chance you and your husband will work things out this year? The school year just started, so you are homeschooling until 2014? I'm sure it's a tough decision, but there must be reasons for it and it will work out. You're kids will still be fine, as long as they know you love them :)
Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I'm so sorry. *HUGS*

mommy4lyf
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 3:16 PM
I am sending you my hugs. So sorry to hear that.
all2gethernow
by Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 3:18 PM
I homeschool/ed four as a single mom. Wasn't easy. Two oldest have finished. Good luck to you:)
Maridel
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:13 PM
What did you do for a living? Any advice on how i could do that?

Quoting all2gethernow:

I homeschool/ed four as a single mom. Wasn't easy. Two oldest have finished. Good luck to you:)

Maridel
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Thanks all for the ssupport
all2gethernow
by Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Believe it or not, I was a waitress. I worked in a place that was a restaurant and sports bar, and a night club as well. We had major NFL and MLB teams, so that brought in awesome money. I worked nights, all weekend. I bought a house, homeschooled by day.

Quoting Maridel:

What did you do for a living? Any advice on how i could do that?

Quoting all2gethernow:

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 6:04 PM

I'm sorry you are going through this.   Was your DH supportive of HSing?  Can you guys talk about a realistic approach to this where you might still be able to home-educate them?   It might require a little more financial support from him than would be normal.  and/or he might have to take more responsibility for chipping in for a good curriclum and resources that make teaching while working easier.    

There ARE ways you could still home educate and make ends meet.   There are other moms in your position.   In fact, we had one mom post this same need on our co-op classifieds that she is looking for help.   Other homeschooled teens could babysit for you and do some of the fun classes with the kids, reading, etc... you could use some online help like time4learning.com...

romacox
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 6:43 AM
1 mom liked this

group hug

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 8:13 AM
*hugs*
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN