Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

OT-Uppercase H when typing He/Him...

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 8:29 PM
  • 23 Replies

This has nothing to do with HSing, just something I've noticed and been questioning...

The only time I would capitalize he or him is if I was speaking about God (or at the beginning of a sentence).  I've noticed many people do it when they are writing about their husbands, and sometimes about their son(s).  It just kind of confuses me, and the editor in me really questions it.

Do you capitalize it when typing about your DH or DS?  If so why?

by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 8:44 PM
2 moms liked this

No, only for deity. 

mhaney03
by Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 8:49 PM

hmmmmmmmm..........

mhaney03
by Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 8:50 PM

As I understand it, people who are in submissive roles capitalize the H when they talk aboaut their husbands.  Not all of them do it, but a lot.

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 9:03 PM

No. I do not.

Ecoseem
by Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 9:15 PM

No, only about the Creator, and I guess because we are taught that none other are to be higher or more exalted.

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Follow your inner editor.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Well, it may; have to do with respect. In homes where the husband is the HOH (head of household), and they are in a sexually submissive relationship.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 10:16 PM

I type it only in regards to deity. But I have seen it done with people in a D/S relationship.

celticdragon77
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:19 PM

If I am typing initials or abbreviations, I usually have cap locks on.

I would capitalize DS, DD... It wouldn't matter of their sex. I do not believe one sex is superior than the other. Even religious texts recognize that they come together as a whole, that they are help mates, etc. It doesn't say that they come together unequally. 

I would never refer to any "God" as "him". So I have no comment on that aspect. 

candiedgala
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 6:17 AM
I would capitalize DD, DH or DS because it's a replacement for their proper name. If I typed their proper names they would be capitalized.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)