Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How to be what they all need... (moms of "more" kids... mostly)

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm struggling really hard to be what they all need.

Anyway, I'm "teaching" constantly... I flip from one kid to another in their independent subjects, and then we get into the joined subjects... I bounce into chores, cooking, etc...   I come back to teaching again, cooking the next meal, testing their spelling words, listening to one child play the guitar while helping the other with her first ever word search made for pre and early readers.   Ooops, baby smells poopy, and he has a rash I have been battling, so I have to interrupt the music and wordsearch to change a baby... both other kids are getting restless, but they both want mom's involvement or else their attitudes slip and they don't want to do the stuff anymore...

My eldest is in math that is over my head, but I'm learning it with her some, and she just asked a question on how to find the square root of x if x is 27 minus two (easy right?  but not right now, because I'm now stepping over the baby gate while still chopping celery for dinner and I just cut my finger a little and have just bled on the food... argh... toss it, get out a new plate and Reilly starts screaming at the baby gate because Mom just stepped on the other side of it and it's just not acceptable...

I've had a few short stints where I could stop and read cafemom and post... while gobbling a few bites of lunch when I realized that I missed breakfast because I had accidentally scorched the eggs while answering a question from a kid... so some of the egg stuck to the pan, and I didn't have enough for everyone... so I had a glass of milk and thought I'd grab something in a bit.

I have a plan, I have organization... it's just a lot to do with four kids on four different stages of development (especially with a toddler.)

My health problems aren't helping.  Sugars have been through the roof because of the stress and that has caused a yeast infection that won't heal.   DH and I haven't been intimate for almost 5 months and he is going nuts... keeps poking and prodding me, pinching, grabbing, etc... and with all this pressure it just makes me cringe, but I don't want to hurt him and tell him that.  Besides I've tried explaining it before and it just caused a rift between us.

I can't sleep at night (can we say 2 am?) because I am so desperate for "me" time.   Hubby doesn't understand and he is hurt if I don't go watch the latest baseball (I hate sports movies) movie with him on neflix at 11 pm... so, when the movie is finally over, I'm finally on here saying...   good grief... I love every minute of my family, I just need a few minutes of my own...  what have I gotten myself into???

And yet, with all I do, I'm seeing serious needs in my kids (and my marriage) that I'm just not able to do anything about.

So...

Moms with "more"... especially ones with issues like LD, autism, ADHD, ODD, etc...?   How do you DO it all?

by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 2:58 AM
Replies (51-55):
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I know I haven't personally responded to every comment, but I just wanted to say that I've enjoyed this post and all of the wonderful helps and "commiserations."      Thank you ladies, and feel free to keep adding, I'm still reading.   Sorry I'm not responding to everything.   It's already got 50 replies....

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:56 PM
2 moms liked this

Hey, Kirbymom, I'm feeling really well liked right about now... LOL!   Thanks...  

you are OK, right?  These constant likes aren't a secret code or something... some kind of SOS that you are sending out because you spilled coffee on the keyboard and maybe it shorted out and you got so tangled up in the cord, all you can do is scroll the mouse button with your pinky and keep liking stuff until some one notices....

Sorry... LOL!   I'm goofy... pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...  (wizard of oz spoof)

kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Okay. I have read all these posts and have enjoyed myself immensely. You ladies have shown me that I am not alone in this world of moms of "more" kids.

Oh I am so looking in a mirror. I mean, were we born twins and separated at birth or something??!!! You could be describing my life. Just add a few more kids and your good to go.
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this

oh...well... I am honored to be considered your "twin"... but I think I'll pass on the whole, "add a couple more kids," thing... LOL!   I'm barely surviving my current situation.

**sending you and all the other mama's lots of hugs and prayers**

Quoting kirbymom:

Okay. I have read all these posts and have enjoyed myself immensely. You ladies have shown me that I am not alone in this world of moms of "more" kids.

Oh I am so looking in a mirror. I mean, were we born twins and separated at birth or something??!!! You could be describing my life. Just add a few more kids and your good to go.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:54 PM
LOL -
I am just dandy thank you very much. :) You just happen to have been saying things that I "liked" lately. *grins mischievously.*

Quoting KrissyKC:

Hey, Kirbymom, I'm feeling really well liked right about now... LOL!   Thanks...  

you are OK, right?  These constant likes aren't a secret code or something... some kind of SOS that you are sending out because you spilled coffee on the keyboard and maybe it shorted out and you got so tangled up in the cord, all you can do is scroll the mouse button with your pinky and keep liking stuff until some one notices....

Sorry... LOL!   I'm goofy... pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...  (wizard of oz spoof)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)