Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Whats on your lesson plan this week?

We are learning about: George Washington Geology: Volcanoes and mountains Multiplication Book of Exodus Also a bit of spelling, free reading and cursive writing (Ds10)
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Replies (21-29):
tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:31 PM
i'm not sure yet. Haven't made our plan yet. should probably get on that one. The day is half over. *sigh*
craftyzenmom
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:34 PM

8th graders: Algebra (exponents in equations review), Constitution Test prep, Lit; "Boy Who Harnassed the Wind" novel unit Ch 3-6 (response to literature and character analysis) with Africa geography and electricity lessons, Start Science Olympiad events just assigned by coach last week, 

5th grader: Probabilty and fractions, Map work (Calif/U.S.), Lit; finish "The Lorax" novel unit with plot development, art and science activities, Finish sea life project from surf camp (collecting photos and classifying those she encountered during camp)

Everybody reads their own books about an hour or so a day...One of the 8th graders is reading "The God Particle" the other is going back to "The Red Pyramid" and the 5th grader is doing something new I've not heard of before....Oh and band starts this week so drums, saxaphone and clarinet will once more be heard throughout the house (oh Joy!)

Maridel
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Science: Work, Energy and Simple Tools

Math: Addition Review until she can do it in her sleep so we can move on to subtaction.

Grammar: Titles of respect and writing a letter. 

Geography: Talk about Mexico on our North America map we've been working on for the last 2 weeks

Everything else is just basic, read the next story in her reader, handwriting practice, art/music, spanish etc..

blueyedbaker
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:22 AM

This week my two brothers are out from Fl. and Ca. so we are basically visiting and pushed back school until next Monday. Which is perfect since I haven't cleaned out the school room yet! 

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:00 AM

For Sweet Pea,
Astronomy: Telescopes
Math: Prime and Composite numbers and multiply by 12
History: Exploring England From Queen Elizabeth I - Charles II and the Cromwell break & Working on Pennsylvania for our state project
Spelling, Cursive, and Reading
Writing: letter of Invitation

Little Man:
Math: Counting to 20
Morning work: Calendar, clocks, and weather
Spelling and Reading

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:45 AM

We are reading Johnny Tremain and I Samuel, working on memorizing pieces of Paul Revere's Ride and the Declaration of Independence.  Latin, Astronomy for the youngers and Biology for the high schooler.  Math, HomeEc, English...

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Pre-K: making a tens block with the unit blocks, The continents, 5 sight words, making secondary colors.

1st: Reading Ned and Ted, The continents and oceans review and which major mountain ranges are on each, 5 sight words, self-portrait.

3rd: Reading Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing, Continents oceans and moutain ranges and the major rivers, spelling review list, possessives of irregular plurals, self-portrait, The 5 and 10 multiplication facts.

Altogether: Finishing the vikings, Finishing eco-systems by latitude and vegetation, Reading Pickles to Pittsburgh (with projects), making zucchini bread, making bar-b-que sauce, roasting tomatoes, and making peanutbutter.

bether89
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:21 PM

We are learning about flight and the Wright brothers, fables and folktales, rocks, and writing a compare - contrast essay with DS1.

Ds2 is learning about the letter Dd.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:28 PM

We're watching T.V. (Magic school bus, Wild Kratts) Brushing up on double digit addition/subtraction, reading about Greek Gods, and doing some reading and writing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN