Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How was your summer?

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:03 AM
  • 11 Replies
For many, school has started back. How was you summer? Did you do everything you wanted? Are you refreshed and ready to start back?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jen2150
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:48 AM

It was good but I am glad it was over.  I spent 6 weeks in MT and I am so glad to be home.  I got what I needed done but not as much as I could have gotten done if spent it at home.  I missed home so much.  I don't know about refreshed but I am so ready to start back.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:55 AM

It was a good summer, and shaping up to be a good Fall. I'm feeling pretty good about the upcoming school year. 8)

kmath
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:03 AM

It was a pretty good summer.  We got to do a lot of stuff and explore more than normal.  Now it is back to normal, but we are still having fun.

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:23 AM
It was ok. We don't officially start back until September 30. We're reviewing until then. We didn't do a lot, that we wanted to do in the summer, my hubby has another week vacation left, we're going to go somewhere that the girls will enjoy. I'm not sure where yet.
blueyedbaker
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Weather wise we didn't have a great summer. I know there was a lot of things we didn't get to do because of the rain.  I really don't feel like it's time to start back up again. I wish we had another month of summer then maybe I'd feel refreshed and ready. We also had so many things packed into the nice days/weekends that I don't feel like we ever had a moment to relax. I really hope our Fall is more relaxed with less stuff to do...so far it looks that way.

One good thing is that I do have all the lessons ready to start I just don't feel ready to start!

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Last year, we were itching to get back to work.   This year... not so much.   I'm hoping I can dig down into my reserves and get us pumped up again.

oredeb
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:26 AM

still waiting to start here so i guess summer isnt over for us!

amanda.lyn
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:55 PM
I'm sad it's over... I love summer! But I love the peace of the fall too.
Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:03 PM

How was you summer? Too short

Did you do everything you wanted? Not really, I guess our summer bucket list was too long

Are you refreshed and ready to start back? No, but we've been back for a good couple of weeks and hopefully *knock on wood* we'll feel more "ready" as time goes on.

coala
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:06 PM

It's not technically over yet.  We don't officially start until January.  I have them working though so that we don't lose a lot of stuff...like handwritting and reading comprehension.  We didn't do nearly enough in my opinion.  I wanted to get to the pool more often and to the park, but dang it is hot here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)