Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Happy Labor Day!

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:06 AM
  • 12 Replies
Happy Labor Day! Do you have any plans?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:06 AM
We are planning to have steak (yum!) but other than that, not much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:12 AM
We had a cook out for Nikki yesterday. Today, the Man, works and I'm... Being lazy.
MotoStar
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:08 AM

We are going to spend Labor Day relaxing! My hubby has the day off work and it is awesome to have him home an extra day!

Precious333
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Dh has half the day off. I have to maie ID cards and ger a few other thjngs done. I think i will take pics of the kids. Thats about it
SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:18 AM
My hubby is at work, so we don't have anything exciting going on!! Happy Labor Day everyone!!
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:45 PM
We had no plans and since its a rainy day with nothing to do, we started school today instead of tomorrow! The kids jumped right in and we got a lot done. They are on lunch break now then they just have bible, and DD has math. And they will be calling my dad to interview him for history. Then I think we will go to Barnes and Nobles and do their summer reading program and we are getting Chinese food for dinner :)

I think I will post pictures later :)
kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Happy Labor Day to you too!!

We are planning on doing nothing! Nothing but relaxing, that is. lol This is the first day that I have had in moths where I was not ON! It felt soooo good to do nothing and not get up early.
SarahNElijah
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:04 PM
We started school today too! It was a rainy, stormy morning, and we were planning on starting our lightning/electricity unit study Wednesday, so we started today instead. :-) We read lightning & thunder mythology from different cultures, then each of them made their own myth about 'where lightning comes from'.. Elijah wrote the first part of his in his journal for writing practice, and then we made lightning pictures with watercolor over white crayon. :-) It was fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:31 AM
It was a big party in my parent's private community.

I took the kids up Friday. Saturday during the day they had pool games and a hot dog lunch, slushies, horseshoe.competition and pool games, in the evening they had a dance and hay rides.

Sunday was a trap shoot and then a community dinner (tri-,tip and bbq chicken) awards from the horseshoe and trap competition, and a raffle. My Dad plays in a bluegrass band and they played during the setup and seating of the dinner.

DS2, who turns 13 next month, won both the novice trap shoot and the kid's BB gun shoot. He will have to compete with the adults next year.

Today there was a pancake breakfast and pool time.
kmath
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:03 AM

We went bowling and then did school when we got home.  It was actually a pretty fun day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)