Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Any holiday related projects today?

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:48 PM
  • 2 Replies

Any lessons or holiday related projects today or this week?

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
kmath
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Nope, not for us.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:16 PM

We took our current read aloud selection, our scooters, a few bucks, and some things I needed laminated and went for a long walk.   We stopped and enjoyed a few snacks and a few chapters until the baby got antsy.   Then we continued... we discussed the book and the characters some as we walked.   We also stopped to check out a funnel web spiders nest (grass spider, not the really poisonous funnel web) and to speak with an elderly neighbor who was out doing yardwork.

We stopped at sonic and had (sigh.. I know, bad for you) a slush and a corndog....   Then we hit the teacher supply store near us and laminated a bunch of stuff while they looked around at the school supply stuff.  They found a dozen or more things they'd like to have.... LOL! 

Stopped to read a few more times and busted out the science book to see what stuff we needed for our next experiment and went to the store.   I let the kids follow the directions and buy the stuff we needed (epsom salt, extra salt, baking soda, etc..). 

Then we walked most of the way home and stopped to read.   DH called and he came to pick us up and we all went to goodwill and donated a couple bags of clothes in the back and headed home.

I think it was a terrific day!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)