Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Labor Day

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:43 PM
  • 4 Replies

Do you still have school or do you take it off?

I tried to make sure that we still did something creative and fun, but we didn't have school today.

Our Labor Day  <--- Check it out, if you would like to.

What holidays do you take off?

We will take off Labor Day, Thanksgiving, a week or 2 for Christmas/New Years and Easter.

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kmath
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Looks like you guys had fun today.  Love the pictures!

We will take off Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I think we are going to take some time off around his birthday as well.  Not sure when else we will take off.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

We went on a long scooter ride/walk and I had the kids take the science book to buy what they needed at the store for their experiments this week.   We stopped often to read from our current family book, and we browsed at the teach supply store while waiting for them to laminate some stuff for me.      They ordered and bought some of their own things and got the chance to buy stuff with their own money.    We explored a little nature on the way there and back.

They also did their daily sunshine system before we left that includes music practices, calendar board, studying for Bible Quiz group, flash cards and typing.

That was it.

tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this
DH was off most of yesterday so we visited the Tallahassee Museum http://www.tallahasseemuseum.org/. LO had a great time! He's been fixated on bald eagles recently, so seeing some yesterday really was a lot of fun for him. I'm looking for DVDs about eagles today to complement the books we have. Other than nature exploration and a cursory run-through of speech, we didn't do school, but LO did get to use some hand tools and help in the kitchen. It was a good day.
kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this
We didn't do much of anything. I relaxed for the first time in months and months.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)