Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Anyone else doing (or did) grade 3

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:10 PM
  • 36 Replies

I am doing grade 3 with my DS and having NO support from family...so feeling really alone is anyone else doing grade 3??

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Not currently... I'm pretty much operating on grades 6, 4, K, and I have a 15 month old.

Grade three is fun!   What is your style/approach?   Do you have a favorite curriculum?  Have you been getting involved with any clubs or co-ops?

I'm pretty much alone in this, barring a few friends I've finally managed to make.  My DH is 100% approving, but he's not much help.   He's a computer guy, and I can't even get him to set up our computers without being a nag.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:22 AM
My youngest is in 5th but did third for two of the three kids.
MacMamaof5
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:25 AM

I'm currently educating a 3rd grader.  I don't have support like I'd like, but I am an extremely resourceful person so all I needed was an OK from hubby and a good attitude from my son.  He's been good to me.  I have also a Kindergartener, a Pre-Schooler, and a toddler--while pregnant with a 5th boy.  But it's been good so far.  We have our days, but that's when I shorten the lessons and get them outside to discuss things of their interest and slip in lessons with that.

Connorsmommy13
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Quoting KrissyKC:

Not currently... I'm pretty much operating on grades 6, 4, K, and I have a 15 month old.

Grade three is fun!   What is your style/approach?   Do you have a favorite curriculum?  Have you been getting involved with any clubs or co-ops?

I'm pretty much alone in this, barring a few friends I've finally managed to make.  My DH is 100% approving, but he's not much help.   He's a computer guy, and I can't even get him to set up our computers without being a nag.

I am not sure what my style is...my son LOVES history...and loves to figure things out..like if he has a question he likes to find the anserw...be it the libary or google...I am picking up my curriculum up on wednesday...

I am brand new to this all so I am not sure with clubs...he will be in cubs and I am a youth leader so that is wednesday nights...

going to put him in some sports class and skating lessons. should all be fun...just wish I had some support...

Thanks for the reply though!

Connorsmommy13
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Quoting MacMamaof5:

I'm currently educating a 3rd grader.  I don't have support like I'd like, but I am an extremely resourceful person so all I needed was an OK from hubby and a good attitude from my son.  He's been good to me.  I have also a Kindergartener, a Pre-Schooler, and a toddler--while pregnant with a 5th boy.  But it's been good so far.  We have our days, but that's when I shorten the lessons and get them outside to discuss things of their interest and slip in lessons with that.

Thank you for that. My son is really wanting to do this..I couldnt imagine doing it with all those added kids...you are amazing! Thanks again!

Connorsmommy13
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

My youngest is in 5th but did third for two of the three kids.

how did you find it? how did it go...is there anything that I should make sure he can do before grade 4??

HotMommyo4
by New Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:11 AM
I am doing grade 3 this year, as well as 2nd and 5th. I have curricula for them but I am still looking at others to see what else might work for each of them.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Im doing grade three, too. 8) I'm also an Asst. Cubmaster and my son does the Cub Scouts, too. LOL

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:29 AM

I'm alsways wanting to see what others are doing in their homeschools, too. 8) How long have you been homeschooling?

Quoting HotMommyo4:

I am doing grade 3 this year, as well as 2nd and 5th. I have curricula for them but I am still looking at others to see what else might work for each of them.

TidewaterClan
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:09 AM

I'm teaching 3rd, and this Friday am bringing my 6th grader home too.  It's our first year.  My youngest always hated going to school but now she's the most cheerful person in the world.  I'm in Ohio too like Mem.  :0)

My girls just started taking Tae Kwon Do at the rec center and do hs activities with the park district too.  We haven't been to any of those yet, but it will be nice seeing we're not alone.

BTW - Glad to have other 3rd grade teachers here!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN