Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Anyone else doing (or did) grade 3

I am doing grade 3 with my DS and having NO support from family...so feeling really alone is anyone else doing grade 3??

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Replies (11-20):
hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:11 AM

I did 3rd grade two years ago - now I have a 5th grader, and a 1st and a 2nd grader, too. Next year will be my first year out of elementary - yikes! 

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I'm teaching a 3rd grader (well he's partly 3rd and partly 4th).  I've also got a 1st grader and a pre-K (although he's mostly K)

oredeb
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:15 AM

nope no 3rd graders here, some younger and some older ones though.

i love teaching that age group! so interested in everything! they make it a joy to teach

coala
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:01 PM

I currently have an upcoming 1st and 2nd graders.  I am looking forward to hitting 3rd grade b/c that is when we have decided that we are going to allow our children to pick and learn an instrument.  I can't wait for that and teaching some music theory with it all.  I hope that you have fun with 3rd grade.  We had fun last year with K and 1st.  It was a first full year of HS and I am looking forward to our 2nd.

Connorsmommy13
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Quoting coala:

I currently have an upcoming 1st and 2nd graders.  I am looking forward to hitting 3rd grade b/c that is when we have decided that we are going to allow our children to pick and learn an instrument.  I can't wait for that and teaching some music theory with it all.  I hope that you have fun with 3rd grade.  We had fun last year with K and 1st.  It was a first full year of HS and I am looking forward to our 2nd.

This is my first year and anxious about it but getting some encouragment here so this is good!

HotMommyo4
by New Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 1:57 AM
We are pretty new at it. We started in February, due to moving, and we just decided to go ahead and home school for this year too. What about you?

Quoting mem82:

I'm alsways wanting to see what others are doing in their homeschools, too. 8) How long have you been homeschooling?

Quoting HotMommyo4:

I am doing grade 3 this year, as well as 2nd and 5th. I have curricula for them but I am still looking at others to see what else might work for each of them.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 1:59 AM

My 7 year old is doing grade 3 this year though she is in 2nd.  I also have a 1st, k and prek.  What do you need to support on?  It is hard to have no support.

romacox
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:47 AM

Not currently, but I have done grade 3.  Your State Home School Association will likely assist in finding you a support group near you.  Support groups are other home school families. 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:03 AM
This is year number 6 for us. I can't believe it! Lol

Quoting HotMommyo4:

We are pretty new at it. We started in February, due to moving, and we just decided to go ahead and home school for this year too. What about you?

Quoting mem82:

I'm alsways wanting to see what others are doing in their homeschools, too. 8) How long have you been homeschooling?

Quoting HotMommyo4:

I am doing grade 3 this year, as well as 2nd and 5th. I have curricula for them but I am still looking at others to see what else might work for each of them.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I'm tutoring another child this year, for third grade. What would you like to know?

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)