Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else doing (or did) grade 3

I am doing grade 3 with my DS and having NO support from family...so feeling really alone is anyone else doing grade 3??

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Replies (21-30):
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:22 AM

We did 3rd last year with my oldest. She's moved onto 1st, and my little guy is at K/1 level.

JadeTigr7
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:30 AM

My 2nd is about to start 3rd grade.  I have a 4th, 3rd graders and a Kinder and K4er.

MommaMeemee
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I have one in 3rd, 2nd and 1st. My 3rd is above his reading level, so I've just been letting him do individual reading on chapter books that he chooses and later this month we are going to move into book reports. We decided to HS after the registration for co-ops in our area had closed for this school year, so we don't have involvement there yet. I haven't purchased a 'curriculum' but I have found a TON of free resources online. I try to bunch our SS and Science together for all the kids and just find more difficult stuff for him to do. For math we have done some basic concepts like rounding and addition/subtraction review and we're getting ready to start multiplication.

I don't have a lot of support either. My family isn't thrilled with the decision and we haven't even told DH's side yet.  DH is supportive, but he doesn't fell comfortable instructing them, so it pretty much all falls on me.  I would love to have someone to talk to and bounce ideas off of!!  You can pm if you want.

Connorsmommy13
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Quoting HotMommyo4:

We are pretty new at it. We started in February, due to moving, and we just decided to go ahead and home school for this year too. What about you?

Quoting mem82:

I'm alsways wanting to see what others are doing in their homeschools, too. 8) How long have you been homeschooling?

Quoting HotMommyo4:

I am doing grade 3 this year, as well as 2nd and 5th. I have curricula for them but I am still looking at others to see what else might work for each of them.

I just started in September after he was in public school for 3 years (k-2)

Connorsmommy13
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Quoting JadeTigr7:

My 2nd is about to start 3rd grade.  I have a 4th, 3rd graders and a Kinder and K4er.

wow...and I am struggling with just one grade 3....have you done HMS from the beginning??

JadeTigr7
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Yep. :)

The first year is always the hardest, try not to feel to down about it! 

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting JadeTigr7:

wow...and I am struggling with just one grade 3....have you done HMS from the beginning??

~Crystal~

Homeschooling Mama to James, Jade, Steven, Willow and Katara
Wifey to Michael since 3-30-05

coala
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 1:42 PM

We are heading into 2nd grade, but have a great support system.  I am finally being able to meet other HS moms and I am finally making some friends.  Remember you are not alone in your journey...we are here.

Connorsmommy13
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Quoting MommaMeemee:

I have one in 3rd, 2nd and 1st. My 3rd is above his reading level, so I've just been letting him do individual reading on chapter books that he chooses and later this month we are going to move into book reports. We decided to HS after the registration for co-ops in our area had closed for this school year, so we don't have involvement there yet. I haven't purchased a 'curriculum' but I have found a TON of free resources online. I try to bunch our SS and Science together for all the kids and just find more difficult stuff for him to do. For math we have done some basic concepts like rounding and addition/subtraction review and we're getting ready to start multiplication.

I don't have a lot of support either. My family isn't thrilled with the decision and we haven't even told DH's side yet.  DH is supportive, but he doesn't fell comfortable instructing them, so it pretty much all falls on me.  I would love to have someone to talk to and bounce ideas off of!!  You can pm if you want.

I admire you that is a lot...I am struggling with one, guess I am focussing to much on getting stuff done but once he just does it I know I can relax a little.

fallenangel_353
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:09 AM

My eldest is in 3rd this year :) What would you like to know?

Connorsmommy13
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Quoting fallenangel_353:

My eldest is in 3rd this year :) What would you like to know?

just looking for some one to bonce ideas off of and so on...since I have no one supporting me from my family...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)